If you want to improve your website’s search rankings and increase site traffic, you may want to use local citations. Forbes states that local citations can greatly impact a business’s local SEO. Citing your business on an external website enhances your online reputation and boosts customer trust.
Let’s find out more about how local citation works and how local citation services can boost your online presence. Here are the top five citation services to check out.
Top 5 Local Citation Services to Use For Your SEO Strategies
Marketing is all about location and Marina Turea at Digital Authority Partners says that local citation software can help you manage citations for your new business venture. She describes this type of digital marketing tool as efficient, making it easier than ever before to get the word out! You’ll have new citations almost automatically. And in case you need to update your business name, a local citation service can do this on all your online platforms.
Local citation services have the following benefits:
- Help automate the citation-making process.
- Efficiently update your business name on all your citations.
- Save you time creating new citations.
Using local citation services is like having professionals write citations for you. Here are the five best citation services software to watch out for this year.
Moz is one of the most popular online SEO companies with a variety of SEO products. Moz Local is part of Moz’s all-in-one collection of SEO tools to help users in keyword research, rank tracking, link building, performance reporting, and site auditing. With Moz Local, you can better understand the quality of your location info and find opportunities to expand your local reach.
- Provides quick results from popular online directories
- Checks local citations on Google, Bing, and other local directories and search engines
- Provides easy access to reporting tools such as profile completeness and Visibility Index
- Gives fast access to local directories in Canada, the UK, and the US
- Ongoing Listings Sync –from the Moz Local dashboard, you can easily update listings across all platforms.
- Automated Duplicate Deletion – you can find, confirm, and delete any duplicate listings.
- Profile Optimization – helps you identify data or images that will complete your profile or listings.
Moz Local is available as a subscription. There are three plans: Lite, Preferred, and Elite. The Moz Local Lite is for $14 a month, Preferred is $20 a month, and the Elite package is for $33 a month.
SEMrush offers a full suite of SEO tools to help businesses grow organic traffic. SEMrush’s local citations tool called Listing Management can help you locate and update listings from various online sites.
Just by providing basic information like your business name, business address, and phone number, SEMrush instantly checks your listings. Afterward, you can decide whether to correct or update the information from these sources. SEMrush’s Listing Management is available only for businesses located in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, France, and Australia.
- Provides automatic Name, Address, and Phone (NAP) management
- Improves your visibility in 70+ local directories in many countries
- Integrates easily with GMB, Facebook, and other local directories/listing
- Provides easy local rankings and local competitor checks
- Helps you build a stellar online local presence
- Edit business info on all directories and platforms at once
- Delete duplicates
- Monitor Reviews
- User Suggestions
- Listings reports
- Expert recommendations
- Check listings on Searches, Profile Views, Facebook Page Views, Google Search Views, and Google Map Views
SEMrush Listing Management Basic location is $20 a month while the Premium location is $40 a month. These prices are for every individual location.
With Bright Local Citation Builder, you can easily create citations and use different SEO tools to manage your business. Bright Local has many levels to help you create marketing campaigns, depending on your needs.
It’s easy to set up a Bright Local account. Just add all the important information regarding your local company and don’t forget to include different locations if you have additional business locations. With just a few clicks, you can easily create citations and update previous ones as necessary.
- Free to use, easy to set up
- All the tools you need in one dashboard
- You get full ownership of your listings
- Ability to white-label the service to get full credits
- Build citations to more than 40 industry directory sites
- Find and fix NAPs
- Remove duplicate listings
The Citation Builder from Bright Local is a pay-as-you-go online tool. There are no recurring payments or contracts because you pay only when you use the service. For manual submissions, pay only $2 to $3 for every site. For data aggregator submissions, start from $15. To use all three aggregators, pay only $60.
Simple and easy to use–these are the best words to describe Yext PowerListings. With this service, you can immediately find out how your business appears online. And from the results, you can better improve your listings ASAP.
Yext helps you control your business data from multiple sites like directories, social media sites, and other platforms all at once. With Yext PowerListings, you can immediately fix any inaccuracies, enhance your listings, and claim your listings with the Match & Lock technology.
- Easy to use with quick signups
- Provides a variety of plans to choose from
- Allows you to fix and claim your listings
- Match & Lock system
- Automatic scanning and location of citations
- Enhanced local listing options
There are four Yext plans to choose from. The Emerging Started Package is $4 a week, Essential Plus Package is $9 a week, Complete Standard Package is $10 a week, and the Premium Advanced Package costs $19 a week.
Each of these plans offers a specific number of sites that Yext will publish to. The Emerging Started Package gives you 30+ sites, including top directory sites, social media, and search engines. Meanwhile, the Complete and Premium packages come with the PowerListings + feature, Analytics, Review Monitoring, and unique website widgets for full website control.
Whitespark offers a complete SEO service with a special focus on generating local citations. Its citation generation tools and guides for marketers in any niche are superb resources. Use Whitespark to find top citation sources and opportunities to add your business information.
Your business can take advantage of Whitespark’s citation services, listing services, Google My Business management, and Yext replacement services, to name a few. These are the reasons why it’s preferred by top companies like Staples, Marriott, and Expedia.
- Offers a complete set of SEO tools together with its citation services
- Provides a Local Rank Tracker to rank your business in local searches
- Helps you grow brand reputation through customer feedback and user testimonials
- Helps you enhance your GMB listing
- Offers practical service designed for all types of businesses and enterprises
- Local Rank Tracker
- Reputation Builder
- Local Citation Finder
- GMB Management
- Yext Replacement Alternative
- Listings Service (a combination of Citation Building and Citation Audit and Cleanup services)
Whitespark offers four plans for customers. The Starter plan is free and helps you decide if Whitespark is best for your needs. The Agency plan is $40 a month, Specialist is $30 a month, and Small Business costs $20 a month.
Use local citations to your advantage. Choose any of these top citation management tools to help your customers find you and to gain full control of your citations. Grow your business and stay ahead of the competition with the best local citation service.