With the advancements in the field of marketing, many businesses, regardless of their size, have shifted from traditional to digital marketing mediums. A study carried out by Oberlo identified that the number of digital buyers is expected to increase to 2.14 billion globally, in the year 2021.
Many companies are increasingly adopting digital marketing tactics for reaching out to their target audience because they help build a lasting brand image. Besides this, they facilitate personalized interactions with the target audience, thereby encouraging brand loyalty.
Apart from this, digital marketing allows your business to convey its brand messages effectively, thus ensuring a valuable connection with the prospects. However, digital marketing trends are constantly changing with evolving marketing dynamics and consumer needs. This means that ensuring a successful and promising digital marketing strategy can be a challenging and time-intensive task.
Nonetheless, the good news is that we have curated a list of tried and tested tips for you that can take your digital marketing game to the next level:
Tip #1 Optimize Your Website
It is a known fact that your website serves as the face of your business, especially in the digital era of today. Therefore, your website should be updated and effectively designed for proving a smooth and seamless user experience.
Apart from this, a clean and modern website design allows your visitors to browse products, and shop effectively and conveniently, thereby resulting in skyrocketing online sales of your business.
So, if you want to make your digital marketing efforts successful, you should optimize your corporate website today. Not sure how to go about it? Don’t worry, we have got you covered! Here are a few simple yet amazing website optimization tips that can help ensure a compelling website design for your target audience:
- The headline of your website’s home page should be in sync with your company’s value proposition.
- One of the best practices involves including visuals, such as videos, gifs, and images in your website’s content to attract the audience, and convey messages meaningfully.
- Always ensure smooth website navigation for preventing the visitors from getting lost.
- The call-to-action (CTA) buttons on the website should be clear so that the audience knows where they are heading or what’s next.
- Make sure that you have optimized the speed of your website, as a slow one might turn the visitors away.
- It is best to ensure a mobile-optimized website as according to past researches, mobile web traffic accounts for almost half of the global web traffic since the year 2017.
Tip #2 Leverage Pay-Per-Click Advertising
If you are a wise marketing professional, you would know that pay-per-click advertising, also known as PPC, is a proven and effective digital marketing tactic of driving traffic to your website quickly. According to a study conducted by the Hanapin Marketing, 79 percent of marketers said that PPC is greatly beneficial for their businesses. Likewise, another survey carried out by the Formstack revealed that 17 percent of marketers’ leverage PPC ads for lead generation.
Still not convinced why you should leverage PPC advertising for accomplishing your digital marketing goals? The image below shows a list of benefits accompanied by PPC:
However, small businesses often make mistakes that undermine the results of their PPC campaigns. Wondering how to ensure promising PPC campaigns? Here’s what you need to know:
- Make sure the messaging of your ads communicate the consumer benefit.
- Try to cut down on your wasted ad spend.
- You should increase the ad spend when the other competing brands are dropping out.
- Always run experiments with different CTA buttons for figuring out what’s working for your prospects.
- One of the best practices is to update the bids on ads regularly, for better results.
- You should pause the non-performing ads right away.
- If you’re looking to achieve brand recall, you should implement remarketing campaigns.
Tip #3 Create and Share Relevant Content
We have often heard experts say that ‘Content is King’. Although this saying is quite old, but do you know that content is still one of the strongest pillars of your digital marketing strategy? This is because it doesn’t just help in selling your products, but educates and nurtures your customers. Similarly, the Content Marketing Institute identified in one of its studies that content is one of the most favorable methods of promoting a business.
All in all, due to the ever-growing competition and increasing content marketing challenges, many companies find it difficult to create and share content that attracts their audience. Are you too facing difficulties in achieving your desired content marketing targets? If that’s the case, you should take help from experts for tips to make your content get noticed by your intended audience. By implementing these, you will achieve your desired goals in no time.
Tip #4 Use SEO Techniques to Drive Organic Traffic
According to HubSpot Marketing, around 64 percent of marketing experts actively invest in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), this is because it is a proven marketing technique for building brand trust, and generating leads for businesses. Nevertheless, due to the intense competition in the marketplace, SEO has become more significant for companies than ever before.
So, if you want to make your digital marketing tactics successful, you should use SEO techniques for driving relevant organic traffic to your website. Not sure how to go about it? Below are a few tips and tricks for your help:
- Choose the right set of high-volume keywords.
- Optimize your images for SEO.
- Write to the point and unique meta descriptions for every web page.
- Let data analytics guide your SEO efforts.
Tip #5 Have a Visible Presence on Social Media Sites
It is no surprise that social media platforms serve as a great way of connecting with your target audience. A latest study conducted by the Global Web Index identified that around 54 percent of social browsers mentioned that they use social media sites to research about the products that they like.
Therefore, if you’re looking to ensure an effective online presence, then you should pay extra emphasis to social media marketing efforts. Unsure how to leverage social media for a visible online presence? Here is what you need to know:
- Start off by setting SMART goals that help give a sense of direction to your social media efforts.
- Showcase the human side of your brand so that the target audience can relate to your business.
- Ensure a consistent publishing schedule.
- Optimize your social media accounts for amplifying reach and engagement.
- Add enticing visuals in your social media posts.
- Leverage branded hashtags for better engagement.
- Share informative content on social media for increasing followers.
Tip #6 Integrate All Your Digital Marketing Channels
Last, but the most important one on our list is to ensure Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC). This means that the branding messages, along with all your digital marketing mediums, including email, social media, website, etc., should be coherent.
Apart from this, IMC allows you to win the hearts of your customers, thereby establishing long-term and healthy relationships with them. So, if you really want to make your digital marketing strategy work, make sure that your branding and messages are consistent and unified across all your digital marketing channels.
The Final Words
In a nutshell, it is significant to note that achieving a promising digital marketing return on investment (ROI) is not a piece of cake, especially because of the ever-growing competition in the market. However, you don’t need to worry, we’ve got you covered! With the above-mentioned digital marketing tips and tricks, you can improve your marketing efforts considerably.
Evie harrison is a blogger by choice. She loves to discover the world around her. She likes to share her discoveries, experiences and express herself through her blogs.
Find her on Twitter:@iamevieharrison