With Pluto TV, you don’t have to pay for a subscription, and you get access to hundreds of TV shows and movies in a logically arranged system of channels. It’s possible to use it without registering, but doing so allows you to tailor your experience.
To conceal and unhide stations, favorite channels and use your Android device as a remote, you must register. Your selections will be saved in your free account once you register. There is an extensive range of devices that you can use to install and activate your Pluto TV service on this page. We are ready to go now.
Pluto TV has been converted to and is compatible with a wide range of systems as part of the commitment to make the service accessible to everyone. The following are some of the most recent additions to the system:
iPad & iPhone: Get the app here.
Android phones & tablets, also Android TV: You can easily download the official app via Google Play.
4th generation Apple TV devices: You can see the app on iTunes.
Multiple Amazon Kindle & Fire tablets, Fire TV & Fire TV Stick: You can download the official app here.
Various Vizio, Samsung, & Sony smart TVs have the app preinstalled if available.
Windows PC & Mac computers: Download the app for your OS here.
PlayStation 4: The app is easily found here or via the Playstation Store on the device.
Xbox One: App is available here or through the Xbox Games Store (formerly Xbox Live Marketplace) on the game console.
Browsers: The app needs no installation when accessed through the website on PC, Mac, or mobile devices.
AS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED, Pluto TV is available outside the United States and in the United States. It’s possible, however, that discussions about streaming rights for specific content will limit the amount of content available from one country to another. Besides, International viewers can download the computer app from the “International Desktop App” section here.
Signing Up for Pluto TV App
Signing up for the platform is straightforward. Here are the actions you need to take:
1. At first, visit the website for logins or use the app on your phone. Then, tap on the ‘Sign Up‘ option.
2. Fill out the info required and tap ‘Sign-Up Free.’
3. You are all set! You can download the app to watch the best programs at no cost.
Do you need to activate Pluto TV?
In addition to being completely free, it is packed with valuable features. And, these features include using your smartphone as a remote control and the opportunity to save your favorite TV shows & movies for later viewing. It is required that you activate your Pluto TV account on the devices you intend on using to make use of the extras.
It is technically unnecessary to start the service in 2021. It’s possible to sign up for Pluto TV, but there aren’t any advantages to doing so right now. You may use your Android device as a remote to hide and unhide channels, favorite and unfavorite stations, and more.
These functions, however, have been temporarily disabled and are no longer accessible. So, there is no need to register for these alternatives for the time being. Even if you don’t want to create an account, you’ll get notified of new updates. Except for Android’s heart icon, which is still displayed and tappable, “My Pluto” functions are currently unavailable to the user. You can watch Pluto TV on various devices without any limits.
How to Activate Pluto TV
Although unnecessary, you may still want to activate the service once the features become available.
Firstly, sign in to Pluto TV by visiting the My Pluto TV free website.
Now, locate the six-digit code needed to activate the service.
You can activate by using the app on your mobile or visit Pluto’s activation site & follow the prompts.
Chromecast Pluto TV
There are 2 ways to cast Pluto TV to your Chromecast. You can go via Chrome on your computer or use the Pluto TV mobile app. But, first, let’s take a glance at how it’s done.
Chromecast from the Web
1. Launch Chrome on your computer.
2. Now, visit the Pluto TV activate site and log in if necessary.
3. Tap on the “More” icon at the top-right corner of the browser window.
4. Choose the “Cast…” option from the menu.
5. Choose Chromecast. Next, an icon signifying its active status will show if it is already connected.
Chromecast from Mobile Devices
Follow the steps below to cast Pluto TV through your mobile device. This guide works for both Android & iOS devices.
1. Launch Pluto TV on your device.
2. Afterward, go to the channel you wish to cast.
3. Click the “Cast” icon at the top-right corner.
4. Choose Chromecast from the list of available casting devices.
Toggle Closed Captions
Here is how to enable closed captions on various platforms.
This guide is for both Android phones & tablets.
- Launch Settings.
- Choose Accessibility.
- Click “Captions.”
- Click the slider switch to toggle captions on.
- Now, launch Pluto TV.
- Click the screen.
- Click the “CC” icon.
Choose the language you prefer.
Here is how to turn on captions on Amazon devices.
- Enable Fire TV’s accessibility settings.
- Navigate to the “Captions” section & activate it.
- Afterward, go to Pluto TV and press the Menu (center) button on your TV’s remote.
- Choose the language to display for captions.
Here is how to turn on closed captions on your Roku TV device.
- Launch Pluto TV on your Roku device.
- Now, play something.
- Hit the “*” (asterisk) button on the remote. It will launch the Options menu.
- After that, navigate to “Closed captioning.”
- Press “Right” and “Left” arrows to choose from the list of available captions.
Is there a search function on Pluto TV?
To make matters worse, it does not include a search function. Only browsing is possible in the channel guide; searching is not an option. Nevertheless, Pluto TV has a few features that may interest you, so you must ensure to check them out if you have not already. The Pluto TV portion of JustWatch, a third-party solution, includes a searchable breakdown of Pluto TV’s content and may be accessed through that section.
ALSO SEE: Discord Update Failed Loop
To sum up, Pluto TV’s channel selection and on-demand programming selection are growing significantly. It’s safe to believe that it will be there for a long time to come, based on how quickly new people are signing up.