A creative signature not only adds flair to your correspondence but also helps your contacts find out where to get in touch with you and learn more about your company. Because Gmail is the most widely used webmail client, learning to customize it is a wise investment. You can add a Signature in Gmail app using a computer, smartphone, or tablet, no matter what platform you’re using.
How to Add Signature in Gmail from Your Computer
In Gmail, adding a customized signature is as simple as clicking a button. To access the Signature panel, click on the gear icon, select Settings, and then Signature. Your signature can be entered into the text field, and it can be formatted or linked to if desired. Click on Save Changes when you’re finished. Please see below for a list of further instructions.
1. Tap on the gear icon at the upper right side of the Gmail toolbar.
2. Then, choose Settings from the pop-up menu.
3. Now, Scroll down to the Signature section. You’ll find this in the General tab, which you should see automatically.
4. Then choose the button below “No Signature.” If you’ve more than one Gmail account, the radio button will have a dropdown that enables you to choose which account you would like to associate with your signature.
5. Next, In the open form, enter the desired signature. You can pick from a variety of settings in the formatting bar.
- With the text formatting settings, you may change your text’s font style, size, effects, and color. In addition, text can be aligned and indented, lists can be numbered or bulleted, and quotes can be set off.
- Any web address, such as your company’s website, social network pages, or even your email, can be linked using the Insert Link icon. In the Edit Link dialogue box that appears after clicking the link, you can customize the link’s display text and specify a URL for it to point to on the web or via email.
- To add a photo to your signature, tap the Insert Image icon (a white mountain in a grey box) on the signature toolbar.
6. To save your signature, check the box next to it. If you’re replying to someone who has cited you, insert signature before quoted text in replies and remove the “–” line that precedes it. Follow these instructions if you want Gmail to display your signature next to and above the original message.
7. At last, scroll down and tap Save Changes. Gmail will automatically add your signature when you compose a new email.
How to Change Signature in Gmail on an iPhone
When you send an email from an iPhone, you won’t be able to use the signature you created on your desktop. Instead, a separate mobile email signature will be required. First, open the Gmail app on your iOS device, select Menu, Settings, and tap your Gmail account to see your account settings. Next, go to Signature Settings>Mobile Signature, and hit the slider to create your signature.
1. Firstly, Open the Gmail app. It is different than the Mail app that came with your phone or iOS device.
2. Click on the three-line menu button. You can find this in the upper left of the screen, beside the Search Mail option.
3. Scroll down and click Settings. It will be the third-to-last option.
4. Choose an email account. Select the one you would like to set up the signature for if you have multiple accounts.
5. Then click Signature settings.
6. Now, turn on the slider for Mobile Signature.
7. Add your signature in the box below. Afterward, your new signature will appear the next time you compose an email.
Note: Mobile signatures are text-only and don’t give you the option to format text or insert hyperlinks or images.
How to Insert a Gmail Signature on Android
When it comes to signing documents on an Android device, the process is nearly identical to that on an iOS device. First, go to Menu > Settings in the Gmail app and select your Gmail account. Next, fill out your signature details in the pop-up window and touch OK to complete the process. Below, you’ll find a list of additional instructions on how to create a signature in Gmail.
1. Open the Gmail app.
2. Click on the three-line menu button. You can find this in the upper left corner of the screen, beside the Search Mail option.
3. Scroll down to Settings. It will be the second to the last option.
4. Choose an email address. If you’ve multiple Gmail accounts, choose the account you would like to set up the signature for.
5. Now, scroll down and choose Mobile Signature. It will state Not Set if there’s no signature added for the account.
ALSO READ: Factory Reset Roku
6. Type your signature in the pop-up box.
7. Press OK. You’ll be routed back to the previous screen, where you’ll be able to see your signature populated in the Mobile Signature section. Now, your new signature will appear the next time you compose an email.
Note: There are no formatting options hyperlinks or photos in mobile signatures; they are just plain text.
You have now explained how to create a Gmail signature on an iPhone and setting a Gmail signature on an Android device.