Selecting a username can be a bit of a rushed process, as many social media accounts. You may come to discover that it is not the name that you had in mind at first. Alternatively, it could be that your present brand doesn’t match the name you choose. To receive a new name, you don’t need to open a new account. I’ll show you how to change Twitch Username for all app versions in this post.
How to Change Twitch Username Using a Browser (Chrome, Firefox)
Using a browser instead of downloading the app is an option for accessing Twitch. The advantage of using the browser-based version is that it is independent of the platform you are now using. As long as you’re connected to the internet, the process will be the same no matter what device you open. Using a browser, follow these steps to update your username:
1. Open the Twitch website in your browser. Additionally, you can use the address bar to go directly to https://www.twitch.tv/ instead.
2. If you’re using a mobile device, the browser will default to the mobile website version. Therefore, you will not be capable of changing your username in the mobile browser version of Twitch. To switch to desktop mode: Click on the three dots icon on the top right corner of the screen.
3. Select ‘Desktop site’ from the display option, then go back to the home page and complete the remaining steps.
4. Click or press on your profile icon. In the top right-hand corner of your screen, you should see this.
5. Click or touch Settings in the drop-down menu that opens.
6. You may access your profile from the Settings menu. You’ll find this under the tab options in the menu bar at the top.
7. The Profile Settings section is located at the bottom of the page. First, edit your username by clicking or tapping on the edit button to the right of it. Then, using a pencil as an icon will represent the service.
8. A new window will open, and you’ll be prompted to enter your new username. Once you’ve entered it, click or tap on the Update button.
9. You’ll be asked for your password at this point. Then, tap on the Confirm button.
10. Afterward, your username should now be changed, and you can navigate out of this window. You’ll be notified by email of the name change.
To change your username, you must have a valid e-mail address attached to your account. Unless your account has been verified, Twitch will not allow you to proceed with the name change process.
How to Change Username on a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook PC
Changing your username on the desktop app is nearly identical to changing it in the web browser, except for a few additional steps. On a PC, to update your Twitch username, do the following:
1. Open the Twitch desktop app on your computer.
2. The second step is to access your account.
3. Click on your profile icon in the app window. It should be located in the screen’s upper right corner.
4. From the drop down menu, select Settings and then click OK.
5. Look for the Profile tab in the Settings menu. It’s just a click away.
6. Twitch Profile Settings can be found by scrolling down to the bottom of the page. To edit your username, click on the edit icon to the right of it.
7. The following steps are similar to the web browser version. Enter your new username, tap on Update. Follow the confirmation message.
8. Using the Twitch icon in the upper left corner, return to the home screen.
To proceed with the name change, you’ll need an email address that has been validated. It is also necessary to input the code provided to your phone if two-factor authentication is activated.
How to Change Username on Twitch on an Android Device
On the mobile app for Twitch, you can alter a lot of your profile settings, but you can’t change your username. To visit the Twitch website, you’ll either have to use the desktop app or your phone’s web browser, depending on your preference. If you’re using a browser or a desktop version of the app, follow the instructions above.
How to Change your name on Twitch on iPhone
The iPhone Twitch app, like Android, does not allow you to change your username. Instead, open Twitch on your phone’s web browser, or use a PC. To update your username, follow the instructions provided in the desktop app or browser version above.
Changing Twitch Name on the iPad
Except for the available streaming options, the Twitch mobile software on iPhone and iPad is nearly identical. The Twitch website or desktop app are the only options for changing your username on the go because no mobile apps allow it. If you’re using a web browser or a desktop app, follow the instructions above.
Listed here are some of the most often asked questions about Twitch name changes.
In Twitch, how long does it take to change a User’s name?
It is possible to alter your Twitch username instantly. As soon as you press or tap the Update button in the final phase of the name change process, your username will be updated.
In Twitch, how do I change the color of my user name?
Messages in Twitch chat can be distinguished from each other by their color. Either in the desktop program or through the desktop web browser, this can be altered. The Twitch mobile app requires either a web browser on your mobile device or a computer. Do the following to change the color of your name:
1. When the chat box is open, type the command “/color” followed by the name of the color you want to use.
2. Colors that are available to non-Twitch Turbo users are Dodger Blue and Cadet Blue; Coral; YellowGreen; SpringGreen; SeaGreen; OrangeRed; HotPink; GoldenRod; and Chocolate. In addition, there is no limit to the hex values that Twitch Turbo users can use.
How usually can I change my user name on Twitch?
Once every 60 days, you can alter your name. It isn’t a good idea, as the URL of your Twitch page will change when you change your username. So if you want to keep former subscribers, you will have to tell them about the new URL or set up your redirect link.
Can other people use my Old Username?
For around six months, Twitch will keep any new names out of the name pool. Six months from now, anyone who wants to use the name can. If your former username has become available on Twitch, you’ll need to be lucky and guess it by chance, or you can be informed expressly about its availability.
Please be aware that names that have been permanently deleted from the name pool are also permanently removed. Not one of those items will ever be repurposed or given away to anyone else.
After a name change, can I go back to using my former name?
The answer is technical, yes, but not at the moment. Anyone who has had their name changed cannot go back to using their previous one. After the final name change, you’ll have to wait 60 days or six months for the old name to resurface in the pool of accessible options.
If the name is still available after six months and you haven’t changed your name in the last 60 days, you can reclaim your previous one. However, it’s usually a good idea to consider twice before deciding to go through with this.
My old account is being used by third-party software and bots. Is modifying it going to cause them to stop?
That’s a personal preference. Twitch has no say in developing third-party programs, so check with them directly if you want to rename your account. On the profiles of most developers, you’ll be able to find this information. If they don’t, you may wish to post a query in their forums to receive an answer.
Can changing names shorten my ban time?
Nope. Accounts, not people, are the focus of Twitch’s ban timer. You can’t get around the ban even if you use a different alias. If you’ve been permanently banned, you’ll either have to wait for your ban to expire or create a new account.
A Simple Process
Whether you’re attempting to build a brand or want a new one, knowing how to change your Twitch username is valid. Once you’ve figured out the stages, the process is relatively straightforward. However, there are various drawbacks, such as the lack of an option to restore old names and the significant wait times for each update. If you don’t consider a name change seriously, you could find yourself waiting a long time to have your error corrected.
ALSO READ: Instagram Through Facebook
What are your thoughts on Twitch name changes? Is there a way to alter your Twitch username other than changing your username? Let me know what you think in the comments section below.