When you first set up an Apple ID, you will be prompted to enter your credit card information. You can, however, create an Apple ID without a credit card if you only want to download free Apps, books, and songs from iTunes.
Create Apple ID Without Credit Card
Creating an Apple ID allows you to gain access to Apple’s vast ecosystem, including thousands of Apps, Music, Movies, Videos, Podcasts, and Books.
Apple understands that users will want to link their Credit Card or another payment method to their Apple ID.
Some users, however, do not use Credit Cards or do not want to link their Credit Card to their Apple ID. For such users, there’s a workaround that allows them to create an Apple ID without providing credit card information.
Make Apple ID without Credit Card on iPhone
To create an ID without a credit card on your iPhone or iPad, follow the steps below.
1. At first, open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Once in the App Store, search for a free app, game, ringtone, or wallpaper and click the Get button next to it.
3. In the resulting pop-up, select the option to Create New Apple ID.
4. Now, on the next screen, enter your email address and password, choose the country where you want to use your Apple ID, and click Next.
5. Follow the next set of instructions in the same manner until you reach the Billing Information page. On this page, select the None option.
After completing all of the crucial steps, you will be prompted to confirm your Apple ID via email. You must first authenticate your Apple ID before you can use it.
Create Apple ID Without Credit Card on Mac or PC
You must first download iTunes to create an Apple ID without a credit card on your computer. In the case of a Mac, iTunes should be readily available; however, you will need to download and install iTunes on a PC before proceeding with these procedures.
1. Start iTunes on your Mac or PC.
2. Once in iTunes, go to the top menu bar and select the Store option (if you are not already in the Store section).
3. Next, search for any Free App, Ringtone, Song, or anything else that does not have a price listed next to its name and attempt to download it to your computer by clicking Get.
Tip: Type Free into the search field to find free items.
ALSO SEE: New Yahoo Email Account
4. When you attempt to download a free item, you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID. Now, select the option to create an Apple ID.
5. On the following screen, enter your email address and password, choose the country where you want to use your Apple ID, and click the Continue button.
6. Follow the next set of instructions until you reach the Payment Information page. Choose None as your payment method on this page.
After entering all of the required information, you’ll be prompted to validate your Apple ID via email. You must first authenticate your Apple ID before you can use it.