Simple fixes work on all platforms to Cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft and get your townspeople back to “normal.”
A baby zombie villager rides around on a chicken. Have you ever noticed one of those zombie villages run by zombies? I think that would be a lot of fun.
However, it can be extremely inconvenient if your employees turn into zombie villagers. Zombification can occur when regular zombies attack your villagers, and your difficulty settings determine how often this happens.
Those who play on Hard may witness the transformation of every villager killed by a zombie into one of the living dead, whereas on Easy, this never occurs. There are still zombie villagers lurking in the wild, even if you’re playing on Easy.
How to Heal a Zombie Villager in Minecraft
To get rid of a zombie villager in Minecraft, you must follow these two steps:
To begin, check to see if the villagers are affected by Weakness. There are numerous ways to accomplish this:
- Using a splash of Weakness on a zombie villager is the quickest way to turn him into a human. Make a Witch do it for you, or give them the ingredients, and they will do it for you. As a result of their rarity, Witches are more difficult to get to know and interact within the Overworld, but you never know when you’ll find one.
- However, it’s essential to keep in mind that Witches are the most difficult to encounter among all the biomes. Waiting for lightning to strike near a normal villager is a quick way to summon a Witch near your zombie villagers. When they see this, they will transform into Witches right away. Alternatively, you may come across a witch’s hut.
- Using Dragon’s Breath, you can create a potent potion of Weakness that lasts for a long time. If you toss it, it will impact everyone in the village that comes into contact with it while it is in the vicinity.
- It’s possible to use creepers by causing an explosion, which will leave a lingering effect similar to a potentiation. Therefore, dealing with creepers can be dangerous, especially if you’re doing it inside your settlement.
- Making a tipped arrow is as simple as mixing an arrow with a bottle of Weakness Potion. Make sure your zombie villager has enough health before you shoot them if you choose this method because a tipped arrow still deals damage.
- In addition, compared to the potion, the effect on tipped arrows lasts only an eighth as long, so you’ll need to move quickly.
Using a golden apple on a zombie villager while weak is the second step in curing them. Remember to bite into the apple instead of throwing it at the villagers.
When they’re tainted, they tremble and release a cloud of red particles. To complete the transformation, give it between two and five minutes to set in. After the critical period has passed, you should have a normal villager once more.
How to Cure a Zombie Villager on PS4
Here is how to use a splash potion to heal a zombie villager in Minecraft for PS4:
Use the splash potion if you have it.
Toss it by pressing the L2 button on your controller.
Use the golden apple to your advantage.
To apply the apple to the villager, press the L2 button.
How to Cure Zombie Villager in Minecraft on Xbox
To cure a zombie villager on Xbox, perform the following steps:
It would help if you equipped the splash potion now that it is in your inventory.
Toss the potion, press LT, and release the button.
Use the golden apple that you have in your possession to complete this step.
Press the LT button on your controller to use it on the villager.
How Long to Cure Zombie Villager on Switch
To cure a zombie villager on Switch, follow these steps:
First, put on the Weakness Splash Potion.
To get rid of the zombie villager, you must first press the ZL button and then use the potion.
Use the golden apple to your advantage.
To use the apple on the villager, press the ZL button.
How to Heal a Zombie Villager in Minecraft on iPhone, iPad, & Android
Performing the basic actions to cure a zombie villager will be simple on any touchscreen mobile device. First, you only need to tap on the villager with the lingering Potion of Weakness equipped. Then, prepare the golden apple and tap the afflicted villager once more to release them from the effect.
How to Heal a Zombie Villager in Minecraft on PC
Curing a zombie villager is the same no matter what version of Minecraft you’re using on your PC — Java, Education, or Windows 10. The Potion of Weakness must be applied to the villager by right-clicking on it, and the golden apple must be offered in the same way.
How Long to Cure Zombie Villager in Minecraft on 1.14
Curing zombie villagers hasn’t changed much in Minecraft Java Edition 1.14, but there are some new features.
1. Equip & throw a splash potion
2. Equip the golden apple & use it on the villager
Regarding zombie villagers, there were some modifications introduced with the update.
The focus of the 1.14 patch was villages. Instead of encountering zombies in large numbers in zombie villages or mobs, you may now only run into a single zombie villager. In addition, update 1.14 added a snowy tundra variant and updated plains, desert, savanna, and taiga villages, expanding the biomes where zombie villages can spawn.
Villagers who have been cured and returned to their normal form have retained their trade. Even if the zombies succeed in killing you, you will be transformed into an iron golem.
How to Cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft on 1.15
Most of the features from Java 1.14 are still present in Java 1.15. Curing zombie villagers in 1.15 is the same as it was in 1.14, so don’t panic. It entails using the splash potion and the golden apple on the villager and equipping and throwing them both.
In addition to fixing numerous bugs, this update also brought many improvements to the game.
Items previously picked up by zombie villagers are now dropped by them. When the villager was cured, the items he had picked up did not fall back to the ground as intended.
With the 1.15 update, you’ll no longer see an animated hand when you’re treating villagers.
How to Cure a Zombie Villager on Bedrock
Well, the Bedrock Edition is a collection of editions that spans all major gaming consoles and handheld devices.
It’s still the same process, even though it’s called something else now. To defeat the zombie villager, use the golden apple and a splash potion.
Bedrock brought about several alterations to their personality and inventory.
Zombies can now drop their weapons, but only if they’re holding them. This change was made in Update 0.16. The Cure button was added in Update 1.0, making it easier to use. When you use a Potion of Weakness on a zombie villager and then approach them with a golden apple, the button will appear. It doesn’t fundamentally alter the process of curing villagers, but it simplifies it a bit.
Zombies can now be multiplied using their spawn eggs after Update 1.2 if you so desire.
Finally, a previously available feature only in the Bedrock version was added to the Bedrock Edition. Zombie Villager Steve’s clothes were swapped out for Villager’s clothes as a result of this. However, as of the 1.9 updates, this function is no longer restricted to Bedrock.
1. What is the Fastest Method to Cure a Zombie Villager?
Follow these steps to cure zombie villagers as quickly as possible:
- Build a roof over the villager’s houses, so they don’t burn in the sun and protect them from hostile mobs.
- Make a Weakness Splash Potion. It’s the quickest & most straightforward way to make a villager vulnerable to Weakness. But, first, give the villager the potion.
- When the villager emits grey swirls, that is, when they are weak, use the golden apple on them.
- Place iron bars and mattresses all around the villagers. It will help to expedite things.
2. How Do You Give a Zombie Villager a Golden Apple?
You can give a zombie villager a golden apple by facing them and pressing the Use button on most Minecraft versions. Instead, if they’re already affected by Weakness in the Bedrock Edition, you’ll see a prompt to cure them. The apple is automatically given to the zombie villager by the Cure feature.
3. How Do You Cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft?
In Minecraft, using a damage potion on zombie villagers heals them. Even though it defies logic, the approach is extremely effective.
4. How Do You Cure a Zombie in Minecraft?
You can use a damage potion to heal a regular zombie-like zombie villager.
5. How Do You Make a Zombie in Minecraft?
Zombies can be spawned in Minecraft in a variety of ways. Using zombie spawn eggs is the quickest and most straightforward method. You can even use the console to enable cheats and other game-specific features.
6. How to Turn a Villager into a Zombie Villager?
The zombie villagers will transform into regular zombies if they are attacked and killed by regular zombies. In Minecraft, there are many various types of zombies to encounter, including zombie villagers. Unfortunately, the common variant cannot be transformed into villagers.
Returning Your Villagers to Normal
You will have no trouble keeping your settlement alive and well now that you know how to turn your zombified villagers back into humans. Just be on the lookout for zombie hordes that are out and about, and prepare accordingly. To avoid running out of golden apples and potions before you’ve finished curing everyone.
Were you successful in curing one of the villagers of their zombie affliction? What effect did Weakness have on them? Let us know about your zombie villager minecraft adventures in the section below.