Hey guys, I will show you how to easily Delete a Snapchat Account permanently in this article.
Even though Snapchat is not the world’s most popular social media platform, it remains trendy, particularly among the younger generation.
Selfie filters, fun stickers, Snapchat cameos, and even turning your face into a cartoon character are all available on this app. Sending fun and creative photos is easy with any of these apps, but you can also look at specialized content to keep yourself entertained while you’re using them.
Self-destructing messages, photos, and videos are a great feature because they disappear seconds after you post them, saving you from embarrassing situations where you might accidentally share embarrassing pictures or videos.
However, as fascinating as the app may sound, it may not be suitable for all users. So for those who created a Snapchat account solely to see what it’s like or get a sense of the hype surrounding the app, or who have had their account for some time but have decided to give up, I’ll show you how to Delete a Snapchat Account permanently.
Reasons To Delete a Snapchat Account
Privacy is a major concern for many folks who use social media or other online platforms. One of the reasons Snapchat became so popular is its reputation for respecting the privacy of its users.
Well, as a result of the Cambridge Analytica scandal, which exposes how the personal data of millions of Facebook users improperly harvested, many Snapchat users began to doubt their decision to remain silent about the matter.
Users found it puzzling that Snapchat didn’t seize the opportunity to capitalize on its strengths and point out Facebook’s flaws. Another oddity is that many of its most popular features have appeared on Facebook and Instagram over time.
As of April 2019, Snapchat also introduced App Stories. However, this feature allows users to share content from their cameras to another app’s ‘Story,’ raising concerns about their users’ privacy.
Because of this and other factors, some Snapchat users have expressed a desire to permanently delete their accounts, fearing that a similar scandal would erupt if their data were made available to other apps.
How To Download Your Snapchat Account Data
The last thing you want to do before deleting your Snapchat loses all the data you’ve collected on the app. It includes things like your username, profile picture, and details about your friends.
To download your Snapchat data if you have a verified email address, follow these steps:
1. Go to accounts.snapchat.com in your browser and click My Data to sign in.
2. When you’ve reached the bottom of the page, click the yellow Submit Request button.
3. Then, you’ll receive an email that they’re working on your data and will send it to you once it’s finished. Whenever your data is ready to be downloaded, an email will be sent to your verified email address with a link. Tap on the link to begin downloading your Snapchat data. My Data ZIP file will contain all of your data.
How To Delete Snapchat
1. Click Support at the bottom of the screen just below the Community header to open Snapchat in a web browser.
2. Select My Account & Security from the drop-down menu that appears.
3. Click Account Information in the left pane.
4. Select Delete My Account from the Account drop-down menu. If you select to delete your Snapchat account, you’ll see instructions on doing so on your screen.
5. When you’re done, go to the Snapchat Accounts Portal on your browser and log out of the account you want to delete.
6. Click Continue after entering your username and password a second time.
If you’re using Snapchat on iOS or Android, the deletion process is the same, but you don’t have to sign out first – delete the app.
When using an iOS device, long-press the Snapchat app icon, then select Uninstall from the drop-down menu that appears. To uninstall an app from an Android device, hold down the app’s menu button while swiping up from the bottom to reveal the Uninstall button or trash icon.
It’s important to know that deleting a Snapchat account isn’t possible from the mobile app; you must use the desktop app. However, as with any other app, you can uninstall Snapchat from your phone or tablet if that’s your top priority.
How to Temporarily Deactivate Snapchat
Keep your username and password safe if you decide to reactivate your account after this “cooling off” period expires.
Your friends will be unable to contact or interact with you on Snapchat while you are deactivated. In addition, if your account is deactivated, you will no longer access it using your email address or change your password.
How To Reactivate Your Snapchat Account
You can reactivate your Snapchat account within the next 30 days by using the username and password you used previously to sign in. When prompted, tap Yes to confirm the reactivation.
ALSO SEE: Download Videos From Any Website
Afterward, the reactivation process takes up to 24 hours, you will be notified through email once your account is ready to use.
Erase Your Snapchat Existence
I hope you now know how to Delete a Snapchat account. If you’ve any questions about this article, let me know in the comments section below!