Are you seeking a means to deactivate or delete your Instagram account owing to privacy concerns, cyber-bullying, or simply taking a break from social media? Whatever your reason, this tutorial will teach you everything from deactivating to deleting Instagram accounts.
Instagram is a photo-sharing program that is often regarded as the best of all social media platforms. Instagram users submit photos and share them with their friends or with the entire world. Users can also upload a tale, which is essentially a series of photos. Nowadays, almost everyone is on Instagram, but some people may choose to take a break from social media for various reasons. If you wish to delete or deactivate your Instagram account, you have come to the proper place.
When canceling your Instagram account, keep in mind that all of your images, videos, and stories will be permanently destroyed. So, without further ado, let us look at how to delete or temporarily disable your Instagram account.
How to Permanently Delete Your Instagram Account
Log in to your account with Instagram.com
You must first log in to your Instagram.com account since you cannot cancel your account through the Instagram app. Open Instagram.com on your mobile device or desktop computer. Enter your username and password, or log in using your Facebook account.
Open Instagram Delete Your Account page
1. Go to the Instagram Delete Account page.
2. It will prompt you to provide a reason for canceling your Instagram account. You must select a reason from the drop-down menu next to the question. You can choose one of the reasons or choose nothing (—), which is the first option on the list.
3. After selecting a reason, it will display several articles that will assist you in resolving the issue that is causing you to delete your account. These articles can assist you in dealing with the problem without deleting your account. If you think it is appropriate, you may go to the article and locate the assistance there.
Warning: If you deactivate your account, you will not sign up for Instagram with the same username again. All of your photographs and videos will be erased, and Instagram will be unable to reactivate deactivated accounts.
4. However, if you still want to remove your account, enter your Instagram password again and select the “Permanently delete my account” box at the bottom.
Note: If you can not remember your password, click the Forgot Password link, and it will send a link to your registered email address, which you may use to log in to your account again.
Your account, as well as the associated photographs and videos, will be permanently erased; moreover, your follower list will be deleted, and they will no longer be following you. It is how you permanently erase your Instagram account and all information associated with it.
How to Deactivate Your Instagram Account
Deactivating your Instagram account does not imply deleting it; instead, it will temporarily disable your profile will hide from view. However, if you log in to your account again, it will automatically renew, and your profile will restore. It will continue to function normally until it is deactivated.
An account can only be terminated once each week. Login with the same credentials to revive the account, and it will be reactivated. Follow these methods to deactivate your Instagram account temporarily:
1. Sign in to your Instagram account via Instagram.com on mobile or desktop, as the Instagram app does not allow you to disable your account temporarily. Open Instagram.com in your browser and sign in using your credentials, or you may use your Facebook account.
Having difficulties? Learn what to do if you have forgotten your Instagram password, or get in touch with the Instagram Help Center.
2. On the right-hand side of the screen, click on your name and then on the Edit Profile icon.
Note: You can also go directly to the Temporarily disable your account page.
3. At the bottom of the screen, click the Temporary disable my account link in the Edit my profile area.
4. When you click the Temporarily disable my account link, you will prompt to provide a reason for disabling your account. From the drop-down menu, choose a cause.
5. Now, retype your Instagram password and select the Temporarily Disable Account box. And your Instagram account will disable.
Note: If you have forgotten your password, click the forgot password link, and a login link will email to your registered email address.
Reactivate Your Instagram Account
If you recently disabled your Instagram account and want to reactivate it, you can do so quickly. To reactivate your Instagram account, go to Instagram.com and login using the same Instagram account credentials you used before deleting the account. It is as simple as that to revive your account. Keep in mind that Instagram accounts can only be terminated once each week.
So, these are the methods to either permanently delete or temporarily deactivate your account. However, if you have any further queries about this guide, please leave them in the comments section.