Are you also experiencing the Discord Screen Share No Audio issue? So, here’s a quick fix for Discord Stream no Sound.
Discord, which was initially designed for in-game calls and texts, has evolved into a fantastic way for friends and communities to connect virtually. Given the current situation, it is a VoIP-based app that has done an excellent job of bringing people closer together virtually. In addition, it has recently added group video call features to its functionality, which has enabled screen sharing.
Though it’s a great feature, screen sharing frequently causes audio issues on Discord, and many users are concerned about it.
Are you in contact with other users who are experiencing the same issue?
Do you frequently experience a lack of audio when sharing your screen on Discord?
Without a doubt, Discord is a fantastic platform for gaming and communication. Nonetheless, it frequently provides audio issues while sharing your screen, leaving you in a quandary of possible causes. For example, you can hear your friends’ voices but not your own when you try to share your screen for some reason.
Have you ever been in a difficult situation where you couldn’t figure out the problem or solution to a similar problem?
Are you still perplexed as to what might have gone wrong?
Don’t be concerned. You’ve arrived at your destination. We were in a similar situation not long ago, and after thorough research, I discovered some useful methods for dealing with such issues.
I will introduce you to all of these potential solutions and provide a detailed and step-by-step description of each.
So, please set your concerns aside and prepare to understand the solution. Hopefully, all of these techniques for Discord Screen Share No Audio will be as beneficial to you as they were to us. Let’s get started.
How to Fix Discord Stream Audio Not Working
1. Reset Discord’s Voice Settings
There could be an issue with your Discord’s voice settings. As a result, it’s always a good idea to check and reset the voice settings on Discord.
Let’s go over the techniques you can take to get to your desired solution.
1. Open the Discord app and go to the settings tab.
2. Now, there may be several options on the sidebar; select Voice and video in the settings.
3. Then scroll down and try to find Reset voice settings, and when you find it, click on it.
4. You will be asked if you are sure you want to reset your audio option, and you should click Okay.
5. After that, relaunch your Discord app and try to share your screen to see if the issue persists.
2. Manually Update Your Discord
You can always try to update an app if it isn’t working correctly, and the same is true for Discord; if it’s not working correctly, update it. Perhaps the problem is caused by an old version of Discord, and a new updated version may resolve the issue on its own.
Let’s go over the steps for updating Discord on Windows and getting the desired results.
1. Click the start button in the bottom left corner of your screen, and then type Run into the search bar.
2. Then, select the Run option.
3. Enter %localappdata% in the Run box and then press OK.
4. Then, from the list of available options, choose Discord.
5. Then, to begin the update, double-click Update.exe.
After the update is complete, relaunch Discord to see if the problem has been resolved or if it persists. If your issues Discord Screen Share No Audio continue, let’s try something different.
3. Reinstall the Audio Drivers
Audio drivers, in essence, allow your operating system to communicate with the audio devices on the same computer.
In case your audio driver is out of date or has a flaw, it can cause a breakdown in communication between the operating system and the audio device. As a result, a faulty audio driver could be the source of your no audio issue on Discord.
Usually, audio drivers are updated along with Windows, but there is a chance that audio drivers will not be updated with Windows. Therefore, to avoid audio issues on Discord, you should update your Windows regularly.
Let’s look at how to reinstall your audio drive on Windows.
1. Firstly, tap on the start button in the bottom left corner of Windows and type Run into the search bar, or press the windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
2. Then, select the Run option.
3. Enter devmgmt.msc and press the OK button.
4. The Device Manager would now appear, and you would need to look for the audio input and output options.
5. After you’ve located the correct option, right-click on it and select uninstall.
6. Because you recently uninstalled audio drivers, you can right-click anywhere on the screen and scan for hardware changes.
7. Because you uninstalled it, your device will attempt to reinstall it.
8. After reinstalling the audio driver, right-click on the Audio input and output option and update the drive for reassurance.
9. If your computer cannot find a new driver, you can search for audio drivers for your device and download the drivers from the official website of your device’s manufacturer.
4. A Known Discord Issue
Discord had identified and addressed the same issue of no audio during screen sharing. Discord discovered that the major cause of the problem was internal changes in Google Chrome’s audio infrastructure, which caused the problem in Discord audio.
If you’ve already updated your app, you can use the procedure of Discord Screen Share No Audio Chrome outlined below, recommended by Discord.
Firstly, refresh your Discord app by pressing CTRL and R simultaneously or command +R on Mac OS.
1. Restart your Google Chrome browser.
2. It is pretty common to discover users who have not relaunched their browsers in a long time.
3. Try it; it might solve your problem.
4. Try screen sharing again and see if your problem has been resolved.
5. Check Your Microphone
It goes without saying that if the microphone you’re using or the inbuilt microphone in your device isn’t working correctly, it won’t be able to pick up your audio. As a result, you must check to see if your microphone is working correctly. The second thing to check is whether or not you have granted discord permission to use your microphone. As a result, enabling microphone access on your device is required.
Let’s take a look at how you can do it on your windows.
1. Go to your device’s settings and select privacy.
2. Select Microphone from the sidebar under app permission.
3. Then, toggle the switch to allow access to a specific app, in this case, Discord.
Try sharing your screen with audio again and see if your problem has been resolved.
6. Stop ShadowPlay
NVIDIA share was previously known as NVIDIA ShadowPlay. NVIDIA-powered computers were introduced to record live streaming and gameplay. To access NVIDIA settings, search for it in the taskbar and click on it.
NVIDIA Share’s concern is that it slightly reduces game performance while also introducing several video and audio issues while sharing the screen on Discord.
You should temporarily disable NVIDIA Share to see if it can be a solution to your problem.
The steps below will guide you through successfully accessing the NVIDIA setting and turning it off for the time being.
1. Go to your Windows search menu, type in GeForce Experience, and then click on it when it appears.
2. Then, on the GeForce Experience, click on the settings button in the upper right corner.
3. You should now be able to see the share option on the general tab, which you can turn off to disable NVIDIA Share.
As always, restart your Discord app to see if the issue has been resolved.
The most practical solution we found was manually adding the app with no sound while sharing the screen to Discord. Discord, according to us, can easily detect the game or app you’re using and then pick up the audio.
Although some apps, particularly those that have been updated, do not allow this, Discord offers the option to do it manually. The option to add manually can be found on your Discord’s Game activity page.
Let’s go over the steps you should take when carrying out the necessary remedy.
Open your Discord, and the microphone must turn on, as this is required for audio to be heard.
1. Select the settings option.
2. On the sidebar, select the option of Game Activity.
3. You can now see a blue button labeled ‘Add It.’
4. Select it by clicking on it.
5. A dropdown box should have appeared now; click on it and select the app for which audio is not working.
6. Finally, see if it’s working now. If not, check to see if your Enable in-game option is enabled, and if not, enable it by going back to the settings option.
8. Reinstall Discord
Another simple way to solve an app-related problem is to uninstall it and then reinstall it. The same is true for Discord; reinstalling it may solve your issue.
Don’t worry; uninstalling Discord will not erase any of your data or chats because it is stored on the Discord servers.
Let’s take a glance at how to reinstall Discord on Windows:
1. Navigate to the Windows start button and press the Enter key.
2. When you type the control panel into the search box, the option will appear; select it.
3. In the control panel, locate the program option and click on the Uninstall a program link.
4. You’ll now see a list of programs; select Discord from the list and right-click on it to uninstall it.
5. You can now follow the on-screen instructions and let the installation process finish.
6. Finally, you can reinstall the Discord app by visiting its official website.
9. Clear Cache & Roaming Data on Discord
Discord saves your priorities using Cache and Roaming data to make your experience more convenient and smooth. However, it can become tainted and cause various issues with the functionality of the Discord app.
Clearing Cache and roaming data, like other apps, effectively resolve the issue of no audio while sharing screens on Discord.
To alleviate any confusion, we’d like to point out that clearing cache or roaming does not delete any of your data or affect your Discord experience in any way. Clearing cache and roaming data are completely safe.
Now, let’s glance at how to clear your Discord’s cache and roaming data:
1. First and foremost, if your Discord app is already open, make sure it is not running in the background.
2. Check the taskbar; if there is a discord icon, right-click on it and select Quit Discord.
3. Then, click the Start button and type Run into it.
4. Select the Run option.
5. Now, type percent AppData percent into Run and press the Okay button.
6. Then a Roaming directory will appear; look for the Discord folder and, once found, right-click on it and select the option to delete.
7. Finally, restart your device and, once it has restarted, relaunch the Discord app.
Check to see if you can now hear audio while sharing your screen on Discord. If not, continue reading.
10. Restart your Computer
Restarting your device is one of the first things you do when you have a problem with it. The same is true for the lack of audio on Discord.
No offense, but it’s relatively common to leave your computer or device open for days at a time, and during that time, it may encounter bugs, and updates may appear to address those bugs. The same Windows updates can fix your audio issues while sharing the screen.
So, shut down your computer, restart it, and then relaunch the Discord app and see if it works. You might be surprised to learn how simple it was to solve such a complex problem.
If not, your device had been requesting a shutdown for a long time. Other issues may be resolved without your knowledge.
I hope that one of the methods mentioned above will assist you in resolving the issue of no audio while sharing your screen. All of the methods listed above have been tried and tested, so we anticipate that they will assist you in resolving your issue.
Follow each step of the method you’re using and then assess whether or not it solved the problem. If you answered yes, congratulations; if you answered no, you should use the following method.
ALSO READ: PSP Games for Android
If you’ve tried all of the methods for Discord Screen Share No Audio, and the problem persists, I recommend contacting Discord’s customer support system and explaining your situation. They would almost certainly offer you a solution, and if not, a proper explanation of the problem’s cause.
As Discord has added new features to its functionality, they have encountered several such issues and is working to resolve them.
We anticipate that Discord will resolve all of its issues shortly, but in the meantime, you can try to resolve your issue using the methods listed above.
Q. Will repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling the Discord app result in the loss of your data or chats?
Answer– No, you will never lose your data or chats if you uninstall or reinstall the Discord app because all data is stored on the Discord server.
Q. What if the computer can’t find any new audio drivers and you’ve already uninstalled the old ones?
Answer– In that case, you can search for the audio driver for your device on the official website of your device’s manufacturing company and install it from there.
Q. What should I do in case none of the above solutions work?
Answer– If that is the case, you can contact Discord’s customer support and explain your issue with how Discord works. They will undoubtedly provide you with a satisfactory solution or reason.
Hopefully, these solutions have assisted you with Discord Screen Share No Audio chrome, or another browser. You can quickly try these fixes on your own to see if they work for you. Also, please tell us which method works best for you!