You’re familiar with Twitter GIFs. They’re hilarious, and they’re a lot of fun to share. However, I’m sure you’re aware that there is no direct way to download or save GIFs from Twitter. But don’t let that depress you. We have the ideal solution, or rather solutions. I’ve listed several methods to Save GIFs From Twitter, whether you want to save just one or a bunch. Because GIFs and videos are so popular on the internet, who wouldn’t want to save them from Twitter to share on other platforms?
How to Save GIFs from Twitter on Your PC or Smartphone
1) Download Twitter Video and GIFs online
Twitter Video Downloader is one of the most user-friendly tools for downloading videos and GIFs from Twitter and Facebook. However, the most exciting aspect of this online best Twitter GIF downloader is that it also has a mobile version that allows you to download Twitter videos to your mobile device.
1. Copy the GIF or Video link that you want to download from Twitter. To copy the video address, go to “right-click” and select “Copy Video Address.”
2. Now, navigate to Twitter Video Downloader and paste the video/GIF link there.
3. Then, select the desired download quality, either Basic MP4 or HD.
Please give it a name and save it in the folder, regardless of which device you are using. This Twitter GIF downloader HD makes saving GIFs from Twitter a breeze.
2) Save Twitter GIFs from Twitter using a Third-party Tool
Gihosoft TubeGet is a dependable Twitter GIF Downloader for videos on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. So even if you don’t have an internet connection, you can still enjoy your favorites.
Here’s a complete steps tutorial on using this third-party software to download Twitter GIFs and videos.
1. Gihosoft TubeGet can be downloaded.
2. Now, copy the link to the Twitter video or GIF.
There are two ways to go about it.
a. One method is to do what we mentioned in the first method of downloading Twitter videos/GIFs by right-clicking on the video and selecting “Copy Video Address.”
b. To copy a Twitter video link, expand the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the Tweet and select “Copy link to Tweet.”
The video link will be downloaded in either case.
3. Now, open Gihosoft Tubeget and select “+Paste URL.”
4. The tool will validate the link by analyzing it.
5. After your video link has been analyzed, you will be presented with several options. Select the quality (MP4), download subtitles, or even convert the video.
Choose the appropriate option and then click the “Download” button at the bottom.
Note: Please keep in mind that if you use a Mac, you must follow the same steps. The Gihosoft TubeGet download link for Mac users is Gihosoft TubeGet.
3) Download Videos from Twitter by using an Extension
It is always a good idea to save your favorite video/GIF to your device so you can watch it later when you’re not connected to the internet. Google Chrome has many useful extensions that make many tasks more accessible than ever before.
Twitter Media Downloader is a Chrome extension that allows you to save GIFs from Twitter. In addition, it is an extension that not only downloads videos from Twitter but also allows for batch downloads of video files.
The following are the steps to download and save GIF from Twitter Chrome:
1. First, install the extension by clicking the Add to Chrome button. Then, please put it in place.
2. Obtain the Twitter video URL that you want to save. Now navigate to the video’s owner’s account. You should have the Tweet ID.
Each tweet on Twitter contains a unique ID. e.g., if the URL is:
Then 1073173660112834560 is the Tweet ID.
Once you’ve obtained the ID, click the arrow next to Media.
3. Now Copy and paste the IDs you want to download in bulk (make sure the ID range is correct).
Note: Because it allows you to download batch files, this plugin is the best option for saving GIFs from Twitter. It also eliminates the need for you to perform manual work on each tweet.
4. Once you’ve entered the ID range, you can choose to limit the download.
The Dry run option provides you with a blueprint of what you will download. You can choose whether to download inducing Images, Videos (GIF), Videos, or No Media.
5. To begin the download, click the Start button.
Your videos will be downloaded in a zip file that you must extract, and even that allows you to transfer them wherever you want.
4) Save Twitter GIFs & Videos without using a third-party tool
Those who dislike downloading third-party software will appreciate this option.
You only need to change the URL slightly, and you’re done.
Copy the Tweet link using the methods described above.
Open a new browser tab and paste the URL into the address bar.
For example, put “sss” before “https://”.
Now, choose the video quality that you need to download.
5) Twitter GIF Downloader for Android & iOS
Some fantastic apps for both Android and iOS make downloading Twitter videos/GIFs a breeze.
Video | GIF Downloader for Twitter is one of the useful apps. After you’ve downloaded it to your smartphone, we’ll begin the process to download and save GIF from Twitter on Android.
There are two ways to access this app.
i) You can copy the Twitter video link, paste it into the app, and download it.
ii) Another option is to open the Twitter app on your smartphone and navigate the video you want to save.
You should now see a Share button; click on it. You may see several sharing options on the list, but you must select the Video/GIF Downloader app.
To download the video, select your preferred option.
After sharing, select the View option in the Video Downloader.
When the download is finished, you will see confirmation in your notification bar.
Tweet2Gif is another app that can be used to download Twitter videos/GIFs.
Gifitize Save Twitter Gifs is an iOS app that allows users to download Twitter GIFs and videos. The procedure for downloading the GIFs is similar to what we described above for Android.
These are some quick and easy methods for getting your favorite GIFs and videos from Twitter. If manual work on a single file becomes tedious, the Chrome extension is the best option for downloading Twitter GIFs and videos. So choose your favorite and enjoy the GIF hilarity.