You may want to Download Photos From iCloud to your PC as an additional backup, free up storage space in your iCloud account, or for other reasons—the steps to choose and download All Photos From iCloud to PC are listed below.
Download Photos From iCloud to PC
You may have noticed no ‘Download All’ or ‘Select All’ button on iCloud. You will also be unable to select Multiple or All Photos on iCloud with your mouse.
If you have thousands of photos in your iCloud account and want to download them all to your Windows computer, it can be a problem.
Fortunately, there is a keyboard shortcut for selecting All iCloud Photos, and two methods for downloading All Photos from iCloud to your Windows computer are provided below.
1. Download All Photos From iCloud to PC Using Keyboard Shortcut
You can use this method to select and download up to 999 photos from iCloud to PC if you want to download fewer than 1,000 photos from iCloud to PC.
If you try to download more than 1,000 photos, use the method described below in this guide.
1. Go to icloud.com on your Windows computer.
2. Log in to your iCloud account with your Apple ID and password.
3. After signing in, click the Photos icon.
4. Navigate to the Photos tab in iCloud Photos and select the First Photo.
5. Select All iCloud Photos by holding down the Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys while pressing the Down Arrow Key.
Remember that you can also scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Last Photo?
6. After you’ve selected All Photos, click the Download icon to begin downloading all iCloud Photos to your computer.
Unless you change the default settings, all iCloud Photos will be downloaded to your computer’s “Downloads” folder.
2. Download Photos From iCloud to PC By Using iCloud For Windows
To download more than 1,000 photos from iCloud to your computer, download and install the ‘iCloud For Windows’ program on your computer.
1. Download and install the iCloud For Windows app onto your computer.
2. After the download has been completed, double-click the downloaded iCloud Setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to install iCloud For Windows on your computer.
3. When prompted, sign in to your iCloud account by entering your Apple ID and Password.
4. On the next screen, select the Photos option by clicking on the small box next to it. Finally, click Done after selecting iCloud Photo Library from the pop-up menu.
Please remember that you can change the location of your iCloud downloads by clicking Change.
5. Click Apply to start the synchronization of all iCloud Photos to your computer’s Downloads folder.
6. When you’ve finished downloading all of your iCloud Photos, open File Explorer on your computer.
7. In the File Explorer window, select the iCloud Photos tab in the left pane. Then, in the right pane, click the Downloads icon.
8. On the next screen, navigate to the Downloads folder to view all of your iCloud Photos organized into subfolders.
You can make a backup by copying the entire Downloads Folder to a USB drive, your desktop, or any other location on your laptop.
Add iCloud to Windows Start Menu or Task Bar
Add the iCloud icon to the Taskbar to make it easier to access iCloud by clicking on the Start button > right-clicking on iCloud > More > Pin to Taskbar.
Note: If you want to disable iCloud Photos, you must first copy all of the photos from Downloads to a different folder.