The PlayStation is the most popular gaming console. As we all know, PS3 games can only be played on the PlayStation console. But what if you wish to play PS3 games on your computer? Many of us do not own a PlayStation but wish to play games. If you’re looking for ways to play or Download PS3 Emulator on PC, you’ve come to the right place.
We can play PS3 games on PC by downloading an emulator. The same way we do for apps on our PC or laptop, we will do the same for PS3 games. However, the emulators we use are not the same. For the PS3, we will use the RPCS3 emulator. It is a best PS3 emulator for PC that allows you to play PS3 games. So, let us begin by downloading the PS3 emulator games.
About RPCS3 Emulator
People thought that playing PS3 games on PC would be impossible, but thanks to the RPCS3 emulator, this is no longer the case. RPCS3 is a free and open-source PlayStation 3 PC emulator. You can use this emulator to play your favorite PS3 games on your Windows PC.
Let’s see now how you can download the RPCS3 emulator and play PS3 games on PC.
How to Download and Install RPCS3 Emulator
There are RPCS3 emulators for Windows and Linux. In this section, I’ll walk you through the Windows PC installation process. However, the setup procedure is nearly identical for all supported operating systems.
Steps to download RPCS3 emulator:
1. First, launch a browser on your Windows PC.
2. Visit the RPCS3 official website.
3. Scroll down and click on Windows Download.
4. Now, you’ll be given the option to download a ZIP file.
5. Unzip the downloaded ZIP archive.
6. After you’ve extracted the file, double-click the rpcs3.exe file to launch the emulator.
7. It does not require any installation.
Initial Setup of RPCS3
When you launch the emulator, a pop-up window will appear instructing you to read the Quickstart guide and learn how to use it. Continue to do so and move forward.
RPCS3 communicates with the official site regularly. So, if you aren’t up to date, let the emulator update its data. Unfortunately, RPCS3 emulates the PlayStation 3 hardware rather than the software. So, if you need to update the software, you must first download the original software used on the actual console.
To follow the steps, you can download the firmware:
1. Firstly, go to PlayStation’s official website.
2. Click on “Help” in the top-left menu.
3. There, choose “System Software” from the drop-down menu.
4. There you will find all of PlayStation’s firmware for all of its consoles. For example, select “PS3” here.
5. Scroll down to the “PS3 System Software Update” section.
6. Now, click Agree and Download.
7. Afterward, in RPCS3, choose “File > Install Firmware.”
8. Choose the firmware that you downloaded from the Playstation website.
9. Wait for RPCS3 to install all of the necessary files.
10. When the process is finished, the Emulator will notify you.
The RPCS3 emulator supports digitally downloaded games in PKG format and disc-based games in ISO or uncompressed folder format.
Well, if you want to run a game in PKG format, follow these steps:
1. First, select “file” to install the PKG format game.
2. Then select install .pkg
ALSO SEE: Voice Changer Apps
3. A list of RPCS3 games will be displayed.
4. With a double click, you can start the game from the list.
Boot the disc-based games from the “Boot Game.” Then select the ISO or folder. It, too, requires installation, but you can do so via the emulated PlayStation3 interface.
Once you boot a game for the first time, the RPCS3 emulator will compile and run a few more files. This process must be repeated once per game.
Next, click Pads to configure the emulator’s controls. You can also use the keyboard to play games, but it is preferable to use the controller.
At the top left menu, tap on “Handlers” and select “DualShock 3” or “DualShock 4,” then connect the controller to the PC. Other controllers like Xbox and “XInput” are even supported.
Now, check to see if the controller is detected with the one you’ve connected. Finally, select your game and begin playing.
So, with the help of the RPCS3 emulator, you can now play PS3 games on your PC.