If you’re just starting a business, it’s a great idea to find ways to limit your expenses and maximize revenue. But this might prove to be a struggle, especially when working with a tight budget. Whatever your business strategies might be, digital marketing is crucial for growing a brand.
For instance, you could sell anything from office supplies to manufacturing equipment and run domestic cleaning services to online casinos. Without efficient digital marketing strategies, your business isn’t going to soar. This is especially true for the services industry, as you can’t rely entirely on eCommerce to create any significant impact on prospects.
Teamgamblers is a great example of how an effective digital marketing strategy can boost your brand. The business uses a brandable domain, has a user-friendly theme, boasts of lower load time, a scalable content management strategy, an active social media presence, and more. Let’s discuss a few of these strategies in detail and understand their role in helping businesses get off the ground.
14 Tips on Growing Your Business on the Internet Without Spending a Fortune
- Select the Right Marketing Tools – The first step to growing an online business is creating a website. Selecting the right tools for the job is crucial to proceeding without a hitch. Start with a brandable domain and a reputed hosting service and slowly build your presence using SEO, SMM, and a host of similar marketing strategies.
- Build a Functional Website – A functional website tells the customers you mean serious business. Setting up a neat website isn’t very expensive and can be a DIY process using any reputed CMS service. WordPress is the most popular CMS people use to get started. You can choose from any of the free themes on offer, and gradually build your website, slowly altering elements with time.
- Create a Content Management Strategy – Content is King is the marketing cliché that works! Planning a content marketing strategy aligning with your business interests is crucial for your brand’s long-term performance. While landing pages are essential for improving your SERP rankings, an effective blogging strategy goes a long way in improving your website’s overall SEO score.
- Make it Easier for Prospects to Get in Touch – Your website’s primary purpose is building hype around your brand. And you might have to address loads of customer queries in the process. The easiest way to connect with the audience is via contact forms. They are easily available on any CMS and can be integrated with your contact information without a hitch.
- Improve Website Performance and Loading Speed – According to independent research, the average human attention span dropped from 12 to just 7 seconds between 2000 and 2016. This means your website now has lesser time to convince visitors to keep browsing. Optimized websites have a higher chance of retaining attention compared to sites with higher load times.
- Build an Email List – Most people who visit your website once will never return. This means there is no way for you to communicate with a potentially large number of prospects who are aware of your existence. This is where Email Marketing comes in handy. Sending periodic emails containing your latest offers or achievements can help reignite interest, prompting a revisit from potential customers.
- Focus on Generating Organic Traffic – Search engines are a major source of organic traffic on the internet. The art of website optimization follows a strict set of guidelines commonly referred to as SEO. These techniques help your website reach the top of the Search Engine Results Page for related search queries.
- Keep Track of Website Analytics – Analyzing progress is essential for calculating the road ahead. And this is where Google Analytics enters the frame. The tool helps monitor growth using statistics while charting out the results with clear indicators. The data received is pure gold and vital for developing future strategies.
- Invest in Social Media Marketing – Social media is a major influence in this era. Platforms like Facebook have over 1.47 billion active daily users, which roughly translates to 18% of the global population. Platforms like YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram can similarly be leveraged to promote your business.
- Stay Active on Forums – Online communities are the best place for entrepreneurs to be active since this is where you’ll find people searching for industry-specific solutions and suggestions. Websites like Reddit, TripAdvisor, Stack Exchange, and Quora cater to independent industries, offering an ideal opportunity to reach out to your target customers.
- Create an Affiliate Partner Program – Referral marketing is crucial for expanding your business as it brings the products/services closer to a wider audience-base, without additional investments. An Affiliate partnership involves a third-party promoting your products/services and charging a commission per sale.
- Pay-Per-Click Marketing – Contrary to popular theory, PPC campaigns aren’t very expensive to run and are perfect for smaller budgets. With tools like Google AdSense, you can now set unique parameters from budget and geographic location to per-capita income and the average age group of your target audience.
- Utilize the Power of Following-up – Every visitor to your website is a potential customer whether or not they realize. It’s important to etch your brand in their minds with the help of automated email or newsletter campaigns. If you’re feeling creative, you could also show exit-intent popups, smart popups, countdown timers, slide-in opt-ins, and more to the same effect.
- Use FOMO to Your Advantage – Fear of Missing Out or FOMO for short is an age-old marketing technique used to boost conversion and sales. It works by creating the anxiety of scarcity around your products or services. Limited-period deals are the best example of FOMO.