You’re in trouble if your Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10 to connect. Don’t worry; you can fix this problem by using the solutions indicated below.
Xbox, which Microsoft created, is quite simple to link with and utilize on a Microsoft Windows laptop or desktop computer. In most circumstances, it works smoothly and requires little technical knowledge to set up on the first try.
If you prefer a wireless or wired controller to a keyboard and mouse for specific games, connecting your Xbox controller to your Gaming PC or laptop is a better option than purchasing a separate PC controller, especially if you already possess an Xbox.
Connecting the Xbox controller and getting it to operate isn’t always as straightforward as it appears. It’s possible that the setup will require a PIN to complete the set, and you won’t be able to locate any pertinent information regarding the PIN anywhere. So, what do you do now?
Fix Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10
Here’s a step-by-step approach for correctly configuring the Xbox One controller with Windows 10 PC.
Firstly, you need to disconnect the Xbox controller and uninstall its drivers completely. To do so,
1. Open the device manager using Windows Key + X and tap on Device Manager from the menu.
2. Right-tap on the Xbox controller listed there in the list of connected devices, then tap on Uninstall Device.
3. Do not connect the device yet, and reboot the Windows 10 PC.
Now, let’s update the firmware on the Xbox one controller.
1. Hold the Xbox button on your Xbox one controller to turn it off completely. Keep it off for some minutes. You can even remove the battery from the controller and leave it for a few minutes.
2. After that, Turn ON the Xbox one controller using the Xbox button.
3. Connect the Micro USB cable between the micro USB port of the Xbox One controller and the Xbox USB port to update drivers.
4. To check for updates manually, open Settings on the Xbox one. Go to Kinect & Devices, and then to Devices & Accessories. Choose your controller & update the drivers.
Again try to connect your controller and see if you can fix the Wireless Xbox One controller that requires a PIN for Windows 10.
1. For Wireless (Bluetooth) connection
Must ensure that the Windows 10 PC and the Xbox One controller have the latest updated firmware installed. When you verify that,
1. Press the Xbox button on the Xbox one controller to connect to the PC.
2. On the Windows machine, tap on the notification icon at the bottom right of the screen to open the Notification shade.
3. Then, Right-tap on the Bluetooth icon and open the Bluetooth settings.
4. Enable Bluetooth and tap on add device.
5. Choose the Everything Else option, and wait for the Wireless Xbox one controller to be detected. Press and hold the Connect button near the Micro USB port of the controller while Windows 10 searches for the controller.
6. Finish up the process as prompted, and the Xbox One controller will be good to go!
2. For Wired connection
1. Connect your Xbox one controller by using a Micro USB cable to your computer.
2. The drivers or the firmware update for the Xbox one controller will automatically install. If they aren’t installed by default, go to the update center of the Windows 10 Settings app, download and install the pending updates. Reboot after installation and connect the controller again.
3. Press the Xbox button on the controller to start it up. Your controller will be ready to use, & you can play games now using the controller. If the light on the controller blinks or turns off, the controller might be low on power, and you’ll need to charge it first before you can use it.
3. For Wireless connection (Xbox one Adapter)
1. Connect the Xbox one adapter to the PC. If it is already installed or embedded inside the machine, turn it on.
2. Open the Bluetooth settings on the Windows 10 machine. To do so, right-tap on the Bluetooth icon in the notification shade, then click on Go to Settings.
3. Enable Bluetooth. Press and hold the connect button on your Xbox one controller. The device should automatically be detected & installed by your Windows 10 system. If not, tap on Add Device and continue to the next step.
4. From the drop-down menu, choose everything else. The Windows 10 system will now look for available devices with which to connect. When the Xbox One controller is detected, select it. If the Xbox One controller’s light blinks or is turned off, fully charge it before turning it on and repeat the process. When connecting the Xbox One controller to a Windows 10 laptop or desktop, no PIN is required.
It concludes the article on installing and using the Xbox One controller on a Windows 10 PC without a PIN. If a prompt for entering a PIN appears, start anew and try a different approach. Simple fixes like changing the firmware on the Xbox One controller or updating the Windows 10 operating system may also work, so give them a shot.
If you’re still having trouble pairing your Xbox One controller with your Windows 10 laptop or desktop, try swapping the controller or the PC to check whether it works on another computer or if it works on the same computer. It will be easier to resolve the problem once you have identified the source of the problem.
Microsoft has made strenuous steps to ensure that games available on the Xbox One are also playable on Windows PCs. PCs also have the advantage of easily upgradeable hardware and, in general, more computing power than game consoles such as the Xbox One.
Even though it is less portable than gaming consoles, many gamers prefer PCs on occasion. The ability to use Xbox One controllers on their gaming PCs is undoubtedly a pleasant feature.