Chromebooks are not really intended for gaming; they are for work and learning. And games such as Minecraft can not normally operate on Chromebooks. In reality, although the sport was created for both Windows, Mac, and Linux computers, Minecraft programmers say that their sport won’t ever be completely compatible with Chrome OS. This may present Chromebook users that wish to play with among the most well-known games on the planet with a difficulty.
If you would like to understand how to perform Minecraft on Chromebook, then read on to get a workaround which uses Linux. and also check best minecraft hosting for your minecraft server.
Before we begin installing Minecraft on Chromebook, let us talk about the setup of Linux. Most manuals online will briefly describe how to run Minecraft on Chromebook with Linux, but they will skip all of the hardest components.
If you would like to know the entire procedure, you are in the ideal location. Installing Linux to a Chromebook is not too tough. You have to permit the programmer mode, then install the Linux Distro utilizing Crouton.
Kudos to you in the event that you understand that already.
Enable Developer Mode on a Chromebook
You Want to Input the programmer mode in your Chromebook so you can install the Linux Distro. This is not hard as it seems, particularly if you Follow these steps:
- Hold the Esc and Refresh buttons on your Chromebook simultaneously and then tap the power button to enter recovery mode. You’ll be prompted with a yellow exclamation mark (!).
- In recovery mode, hold CTRL and D together, followed by entering when prompted to start the developer mode.
- After a reboot, you need to wait a while until your Chromebook gets into developer mode. Be patient, because this can take up to 20 minutes.
- Hold CTRL and D once more when you notice a red exclamation mark on your computer.
- Then, the PC should boot up in developer mode after you’ve logged in.
Install Linux on the Chromebook
Now you can install the Linux distro with Crouton. Follow the steps:
- Download Crouton on your Chromebook.
- Hold CTRL, ALT, and T on your PC to start the terminal.
- Type in “shell” and hit Enter.
- Then, type “shell” in and press enter afterward: sudo sh -e ~/Downloads/crouton -t xfce
- Wait until Linux distro is installed on your machine. It will take a while, so remain patient. When this is done, you’ll have to use the Linux interface to play Minecraft, instead of your regular Chrome OS UI.
- When the setup is complete, type this in and hit enter: sudo startxfce4.
- You’ll see the Linux interface, but you can always go back to Chrome OS by holding CTRL, Alt, Shift, and Back keys. Use the same with Forward key to return to Linux again.
Finally, You Can Play Minecraft on Chromebook
Do not worry, you are officially done with the hard part of the procedure. Now all that is left is to set up Minecraft and you may begin playing it on your Chromebook! Here are the steps:
- Start the Linux terminal with CTRL, Alt, and T (hold simultaneously).
- You will need Java, so type this in the command line to get it: sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre.
- Switch the interface to Chrome (as shown in the previous section) and visit the Minecraft download page. Click on the link next to Debian/Ubuntu to download Minecraft for this operating system.
- Press the key combo again to go back to Linux on your Chromebook. Open the File Manager, select Downloads, and select the Properties, followed by permissions. Click on Allow Executing File as Program.
- Find the Minecraft installation file and start the setup. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Minecraft on your device.
- Wait until the setup is complete. When it’s done, click on the App Drawer in the Linux folder and click on the Minecraft Launcher.
- Log in using your Minecraft credentials. The game will download any available updates, and then you’ll be able to play. If the app closes meanwhile, open it again to start playing.
If you don’t have a Mojang account, follow the link to create a new one so that you can play Minecraft. All you need to enter is your email address, password, and your age. Then, you need to verify the email address and purchase the game if you haven’t already.
Have Fun Playing!
Minecraft is not a very intricate game. By comparison, its setup on Chromebook is far from straightforward. If you are inexperienced or young and locate our instructions hard to follow, make sure you request some help.
Do you struggle with conducting Minecraft in your own Chromebook? Or did our guidance do just fine? Tell us in the comments section below.