The disappearing message feature is becoming very popular on various messaging platforms such as WhatsApp, Telegram, and Signal. The usage of it is becoming popular mainly for its benefit of keeping the message history tidy. Additionally, it is a precise method of sending disappearing messages on different messaging platforms. There is no trace left of the chat when the disappearing messages feature gets activated.
So here’s the step-by-step guide to easily help you send disappearing messages on various messaging platforms such as Telegram, WhatsApp, and Singal.
How to Send Disappearing Messages
Well, I have covered this guide into three different messaging apps like WhatsApp, Signal, and Telegram. Furthermore, I have also added a guide to send disappearing messages on Instagram. So let’s dive in.
It’s a known thing about Telegram that its chat is end-to-end encrypted. So, you will have to create a secret chat for sending such media and messages in the Telegram.
1. To begin with, open the profile page of the contact and then click on the ‘Start Secret Chat’ from the three-dot option at the top right corner.
2. Then the pop-up option will come; click on ‘Start. ‘
3. Now, click on the vertical dots menu in the secret chat interface, near the contact, and see more options.
4. Out of the options shown, tap on the Timer for self-destruction, where the time to make the chat disappear ranges from one second to one week, and click ‘Done.’ The timer can also be fixed by tapping the clock which is near the profile photo.
5. Once the timer is set, all the media and messages sent would expire or disappear within the defined period. The point to be kept in mind is that such a setting would not hamper the chat’s normal nature with the contact/person chosen.
6. If a self-destructing image or video has to be sent, that can be done without creating a secret chat. For this, the image or video is picked from the interface, and the timer is tapped. Once it is done, the preview of the file gets blurred, and the timer would start immediately as the receiver shall open the image/video.
For Signal App
People who have recently shifted to Signal from WhatsApp would have understood by now that the feature’s implementation is much better on Signal. It is also straightforward to get the feature implemented on it.
1. Firstly, open the contact for which the feature is to be started.
2. After that, tap on the Profile Name of whom you want to send a disappearing message and choose ‘Disappearing messages.’
3. Here you can set a duration ranging from as little as 5 seconds to as much as a week.
4. The message is sent with a clock symbol, which symbolizes that it is sent via a disappearing messages mode, which can be checked in the indicator near the profile photo.
Recently, Facebook introduced the ‘vanish mode’ as a part of Instagram –Facebook Integration. To put it in simple words-
1. One can quickly swipe up from any Instagram DM and begin a private conversation with the selected person. Once the window is closed, the messages would disappear automatically.
2. Similarly, another swipe-up will make you exit the vanish mode. But if you intend to send Snapchat-style disappearing media, that is not possible in a vanish mode.
3. To send an image/video, click on the camera option in the down, left corner, and then choose the file to be sent and click the View Once button. For sending the file, click ‘Send.’
After every other big messaging platform, WhatsApp’s most used messaging application added the feature in November 2020. But it’s not possible to customize the duration for the messages to disappear here. It is kept simple that all the messages sent through disappearing mode would get disappeared after a week.
Here is how you can consider giving it a shot on WhatsApp:
1. As a first step, open the profile page of the contact.
2. Now scroll up to see an option of Disappearing message.
3. Click on the option, ‘Disappearing messages.’
4. Now, click on ‘Continue. ‘
5. The feature will be enabled by clicking ‘ON.’
Frequently Asked Questions
How to send a disappearing message on Whatsapp?
To enable the feature, open the app and enter the group or profile of contact to set on self-destruct in the chats tab. Now, select the ‘Disappearing messages’ option to get the feature enabled.
Is the feature available on Whatsapp?
Yes, it is. Just send messages on the app after enabling the disappearing messages, and the messages sent to a group or individual windows shall get deleted after seven days.
How do my messages disappear in Telegram?
For all the messages in the secret chats and all the media in private cloud chats, there is a self-destruct timer available in Telegram. Set the timer as per convenience and get the feature started.
How do we get the disappearing messages enabled?
Both for Android and iOS, first open the app and click on the contact’s name. There is an option of Disappearing messages right above the encryption and tap it to get the feature enabled.
The disappearing messages feature is a handy option to do your work of getting rid of the unwanted chats quickly and more sorted. All those who use the messaging platforms mainly for casual and personal chats can opt for the feature to keep their chat box clutter-free. Well, all the chat platforms have made the feature available, which can be opted for a better chatting experience.