You do not need an Outlook, Live, or Hotmail account to create a Microsoft Account. You can also use Gmail to create a Microsoft Account, which allows you to use Gmail to log into your computer.
Create Microsoft Account Using Gmail
Because Windows is a Microsoft product, many people believe that a Microsoft Account necessitates using an Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-related email address.
Moreover, the only requirement for creating a Account is that you have a valid email address. As a result, you can use your Gmail account to do so.
When you use Gmail as a Microsoft Account, you will receive the same benefits as those who use Outlook, Hotmail, or Live.com email addresses.
Once you’ve created a Account with Gmail, you’ll be able to use Gmail to log into your computer, make purchases, & download apps from the Windows Store.
1. Create Microsoft Account By Using Gmail On New Computer
When installing Windows 10 on a new computer or reinstalling Windows 10 on an existing computer, you can create a Microsoft Account with Gmail (after deleting all data).
1. To start your computer, press the Power Button.
2. Now, to set up the computer, follow the onscreen instructions until you reach the “Sign in with Microsoft” screen. Next, enter your Gmail address and click the Create Account button.
3. Afterward, on the next screen, enter the password (which is different from your Gmail Account password) you want to use to log in to your computer, then press the Enter key on your computer’s keyboard.
4. Finally, to complete your Windows 10 computer setup, follow the next set of instructions.
After you’ve configured your computer, you’ll be able to log in and make purchases on the Windows Store by using your Gmail account.
2. Create Microsoft Account By Using Gmail on an Existing Computer
Follow the easy steps to set up a Microsoft Account with Gmail on your current computer.
1. First, go to Settings and select the Accounts option.
2. On the Accounts page, click Sign in With Microsoft Account Instead Link.
3. Then, on the next screen, leave the Email field blank and click the Create one! Link.
4. After that, on the next screen, enter your Gmail address, create an 8-digit password (different from your Gmail password), select your country, and click the Next button.
Necessary: Do not click the “Get a new email address” link, as this will force you to sign up for a new outlook.com email address.
5. On the next screen, check or uncheck the options that apply to you, then click the Next button.
6. On the next screen, enter your Old User Account Password one more time to confirm your identity, then click Next.
Note: You may be asked to enter a verification code to verify your Gmail address in some cases.
7. Now, on the “Set up a PIN” screen, select Skip this step to finish the process of creating a Microsoft Account with Gmail.
Following that, you will be able to log in to your computer and download Apps from the Windows Store using your Gmail account.