In contrast to Gmail and Outlook, Yahoo requires users to provide a phone number when registering for their free email service. It is, however, simple to get around this restriction and register for a Yahoo email account without providing a phone number.
Create Yahoo Email Account Without Phone Number
This post will demonstrate two methods for registering a Yahoo Email Account without using a phone number.
The first option is to sign up for Yahoo using an email address from another service provider.
You can create a Yahoo account with your Gmail or Outlook email address.
The second method involves using the TextNow app to get a free phone number and then using that phone number to create a Yahoo account.
Please remember that the second method does not always work because Yahoo is constantly working to flag VOIP numbers.
Method #1 Create Yahoo Using Another Email Address
Signing up for Yahoo Mail with your Gmail or Outlook Email Account is the quickest and safest way to create Yahoo Email without providing a phone number.
1. Navigate to Yahoo.com and click the Sign In button in the upper-right corner.
2. On the next screen, click the Create an Account button.
3. Check the box next to I want to use my current email address on the Account Creation screen.
4. On the redesigned Sign-up screen, enter your current Email Address (Gmail, Outlook, etc.), your Password for Yahoo, and click Continue.
Note: Don’t use your current Email Address Password; it is preferable to have a separate password for each email account.
5. After you click Continue, Yahoo will send a verification code to your current email address.
6. Locate the verification code in your current email account > Enter the verification code into Yahoo and press the Continue button.
You can now log in to Yahoo using your current email address and a new password.
Method #2 Create Yahoo Email Using TextNow Number
As previously stated, this method is unlikely to work if Yahoo recognizes the TextNow Number as a VOIP Phone Number.
1. Download TextNow App
TextNow is a well-known and free app that is available for both smartphones and computers.
On Android phones, TextNow can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
You can download the TexNow app for your iPhone from the App Store.
The TextNow app is available from Windows (Windows PC) and the App Store (MacBook).
2. Open TextNow App And Note down Your Number
Launch the app after downloading it and follow the onscreen instructions to set up TextNow.
Throughout the setup process, TextNow will prompt you to select your Free Phone Number.
Would you please keep the TextNow Number handy as you will need it to enter into Yahoo?
If you forgot to write down your phone number, you could find it by tapping the three-line icon in the upper-left corner.
On a computer (Windows PC or Mac), navigate to the People tab to view your TextNow Number.
3. Enter TextNow Number into Yahoo
1. Navigate to Yahoo.com and select the Sign-in option in the upper-right corner.
2. Afterward, on the Sign in screen, select the Create an Account option.
3. On the following screen, enter TextNow Number in the Mobile Phone Number section, complete the rest of the form, and click Continue.
4. When you click the Continue button, Yahoo will send a verification code to your TextNow Phone Number.
5. Open the TextNow app and navigate to the Yahoo Text Message containing the verification code.
6. Now, enter the Verification Code into Yahoo and tap Next.
As previously stated, this method of registering for a Yahoo account does not always work.