In this post, we will outline the easy and quick process of how to recover deleted photos from a laptop from either a Mac or Windows laptop. Further, we will also share why stellar photo recovery software is one of the best solutions to get back your lost/deleted photos from the laptop.
There are multiple instances when we accidentally delete photos on the laptop. Accidental deletion is, in fact, one of the most common reasons for data loss. To make the matters worse, sometimes we might have done a permanent deletion by Shift + Delete or emptying the Recycle bin. Losing your personal or professional images can be a complete nightmare as it’s not easy to recover deleted photos in Windows 10. Here we are sharing some of the simple yet effective ways to help you recover your deleted photos from recycle bin, restore images from Windows backup or retrieve photos using powerful photo recovery software.
Reasons for The Deletion Or Permanent Loss Of Photos From Laptop
Among some of the key reasons for deletion or permanent loss of photos from laptop include-
- Accidentally emptying the recycle bin
- Resetting/formatting of the laptop to restore factory settings
- Inaccessibility of photos due to virus attack and you deleted it thereafter
- Deleting photos when your laptop’s recycle bin is full
- Unintentionally deleting photos from external portable hard disks
How To Recover Deleted Photos From Laptop
Here are some of the effective ways for photo recovery to help you get back your lost or deleted images from the laptop-
Retrieving Photos Using Existing Backup without Software
To back up photos, Windows offer an in-built backup and restore utility, whereas Mac OS has a time machine option. So, in case you have recently created a backup of all your photos, then it’s quite simple to restore permanently deleted photos on a laptop or PC without necessarily needing software.
Here is the step-wise procedure to recover photos on a laptop from backup-
- Click on Start and open Control Panel
- Once done, click on system and Security> backup and restore > restore my files
- The next step is to save the pictures and files either to their original location or to a new folder.
Recovering Deleted Photos on Windows 10 from Recycle Bin
When you normally do deletion of data, the file goes to the Recycle Bin. As long as you don’t empty the recycle bin, there is still a chance to recover files from the Recycle Bin.
Here is how you can do it-
- In the first step, double-click on the Recycle Bin icon on Windows 10 Desktop
- Once done, locate and right-click on the deleted photos, followed by selecting “restore”
- All your deleted photos will now be restored from Recycle Bin to their original locations.
Recovering Deleted Photos from Laptop using Stellar Photo Recovery
Here is the step-wise procedure to recover deleted photos using a photo recovery software–
- In the first step, download, install and launch Stellar Photo Recovery software on your laptop
- Once done, select the specific location from where you’ve deleted the photos, followed by clicking ‘Scan’.
- As soon as the scan is finished, preview the recovered photos. In case, you can’t find your deleted photos after the quick Scan”, make sure to click on “deep scan” at the bottom of the screen for a more thorough search.
- When you find the deleted photos, click on the “recover” button.
- In the last step, click on “browse” to choose the desired location to save the recovered photos.
Why Choose Stellar Photo Recovery Software?
Below are some of the reasons which make Stellar an excellent choice among photo recovery software-
- Recover deleted photos from a laptop in a few simple steps.
- Allows full preview for all files before recovery.
- The software assures you complete data safety while recovering your deleted photos.
- It is 100% safe, secure and reliable photo recovery software
- With Stellar photo recovery software, you can recover deleted files from a laptop as well as an SD card, pen drive, and external hard drive.
- High recovery rate with best original quality.
- Advanced scanning features to specify the data type you need to restore.
- The software supports unlimited formats of photos
- Helps you cover RAW file formats of many well-known DSLR brands such as Nikon, Canon, Sony, and more.
In this post, we have mentioned some of the most effective ways to help you get back permanently deleted or lost photos from your laptop. However, in case you do not have the backup of your deleted images, then the best option is to go with the photo recovery tool.
Stellar’s photo recovery software is a super simple and safe way to recover all your photos deleted permanently from a laptop or computer in few simple steps.