Realtek HD Audio Driver is the commonly used sound driver to manage the Windows system’s sound settings. Realtek High Definition Audio Manager comes packed along with the Realtek Audio Driver. This is the most commonly used sound driver loaded with excellent features and supports a six-channel Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) along with 16.20.24-bit Pulse Code Modulation in channel audio 5.1. In this context, we talked about How to Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager in Windows. Let’s begin!
This Sound Driver also eases the sound control play on the Windows desktop and is known to offer a high-quality sound to your system via the audio card. It is tagged with your audio device to increase the sound experience. Recently, Windows users have also reported about the difficulty in accessing the proper driver. The users have also had the Realtek HD Audio Manager icon being lost or gone astray from the taskbar, system tray, and even notification section. The issue might have probably triggered or after the Windows update or because of a change in the audio card driver.
Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager | Realtek HD audio manager
Before downloading the new drivers, you need to uninstall all the current drivers. To prevent duplicate conflicts among various drivers, one must uninstall the duplicate audio drivers as well.
- Click Windows + X and select Device Manager to open Device Manager in Windows 10.
- Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers in the list. Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio, and then click Uninstall device.
- Tap Delete the driver software for this device option and press the Uninstall button.
- Then you can click the Action tab and tap Scan for hardware changes. So, Windows will automatically scan & download the Realtek HD Audio driver and then reinstall the Realtek HD Audio Manager software.
Here, To manually download the audio driver, Navigate to the official website of Realtek here – realtek.com/en/downloads. Tap on High Definition Audio Codecs (Software). This download page will list the available audio drivers for download now. Please search for the one that you want and then download it.
When the downloading process is complete, then double-click on the setup files and then follow the installation instructions.
If you still find the component missing or encounter difficulty opening it, follow these suggestions despite reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio.
Resolve Realtek HD Audio Manager issues
1) Turn off Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for HD Audio and Fix Driver Conflicts
- In the Device Manager, you need to expand the System Devices.
- Search and then locate Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.
- Right-click on it and tap Disable from the drop-down.
- Open Windows Settings and head to Apps & Features
- Tap on Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and click the option with Uninstall the driver.
- Then navigate to Device Manager and right-click on the disabled Microsoft driver.
- Tap on Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- When you do this, now reinstall the Realtek HD Audio Driver.
2) Enable the startup in Task Manager
You can also turn on Realtek HD Audio Manager on startup from Task Manager.
- Head to Start and then open the Task Manager.
- Then navigate to the Startup tab.
- Search and then locate the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- If the status is turned off, right-click on it and tap on the Enable option from the drop-down menu.
- Now restart the system.
3) Update the Sound driver software
You can download this Latest version of the Realtek HD Audio Manager by updating the sound driver.
- Open the Device Manager.
- Expand Sound, video, and also game controllers.
- Right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio and tap on Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- Assume that you have the latest driver setup file on your computer, select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Choose and then select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Search and pick the latest driver by date and then tap Next to update.
4) Add Legacy hardware | Realtek HD audio manager
- Go to the Device Manager.
- Search and tap on the Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Tap on the Action tab.
- Search and press on Add legacy hardware from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Next button and then pick the radio button for Search and install the hardware automatically (Recommended).
- Press on Next and manually install the driver again.
Also, Check :
Final Words :
Alright, That was all, Folks! I hope you guys like this Realtek HD audio manager article and also find it helpful to you. Please give us your feedback on it even if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.