Patience is essential when transitioning to a new operating system. You might not know how to set up your computer correctly or perform basic tasks like splitting the screen or taking a screenshot. But, with time, you’ll get the hang of the new operating system. In this guide, you will learn the best and easy ways to take a Screenshot on a Chromebook Laptop.
How to Take Screenshots on a Chromebook
I will show you how to take various types of screenshots on ChromeOS. So without further ado, let’s get started!
How to Take a Full-Screen Screenshot
1. Hold down the Ctrl and Show Windows keys at the same time.
Note: The “Show windows” key is the sixth from the left and has a rectangle with two lines as an icon.
2. Your screenshot will show in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. To make changes to the image, click on it.
How to Take a Partial Screenshot
1. Simultaneously press the Shift, Ctrl, and Show Windows keys.
2. Your mouse cursor will alter to a crosshair symbol. Use it to select the screen area you want to capture by clicking and dragging it.
3. To take a screenshot, let go of the mouse button.
You have three screenshot options on ChromeOS: full-screen, partial, or take a screenshot of the active window.
You can even take a screenshot by using the menu in the bottom right corner. Choose the time and then Screen capture.
How to Find Saved Screenshots on Chromebook
All your screenshots are saved in the Downloads folder under the Files app on your Chromebook.
If you do not want to keep your screenshots on your Chromebook’s hard drive, you can save them to Google Drive.
1. Navigate to Files and then to the Downloads folder.
2. Choose the screenshots you want to save to Google Drive.
3. Select the Share option, then Save to Drive.
How to Take Screenshots on ChromeOS Tablets
To take an entire screen Screenshot on a ChromeOS tablet, press the Power and Volume down buttons simultaneously.
Hold the Power button and choose Screen capture if you want to access additional screenshot options.
To take an entire screen screenshot on your Chromebook, hold down the Ctrl and Show windows keys simultaneously. And to take a partial screenshot, hold down the Shift, Ctrl, and Show windows keys simultaneously. New screenshots are automatically saved in the Downloads folder on your Chromebook.
Which method do you prefer to take a Screenshot on Chromebook Laptop? Would you mind letting me know in the below comments section?