Business intelligence (BI) is a combination of technologies, such as devices, software, apps, and strategies that help to analyze business information. The information is in the form of data that is collected from different sources such as internal servers, sales and marketing efforts, social media, the web, or paid external sources. Every business should have a form of BI tool, either software or app, that helps in data management.
So, anyone who is starting a business or one who has not started using BI tools should consider doing a business intelligence tools comparison. This can be done by reading insightful information that we will share here below.
Types of BI Tools
While doing business intelligence tools comparison, the first thing you want to know is the types. Experts categorize them differently depending on the functions they perform.
- Analyzing tools – The main function in BI operations is to analyze data. BI tools use query, ad-hoc, or other approaches to create visualization analyses. For predictive analysis, data mining and other strategies are used.
- Embedded BI tools – These are also analytics tools but they are embedded into the existing tools to assist them in performing in providing intelligence. These include accounting and CRM systems among others. They produce primary data in an organization and also make analytics reports.
- Reporting tools – BI without reporting is not enough. Managers and entrepreneurs must view various reports before making various decisions. Some reports are so interactive that they allow users to dig deep into certain elements before making decisions. The good thing is that there are certain tools that are best suited to these functions.
Business Intelligence Tools Comparison
As an entrepreneur, you must make business intelligence tools comparison before choosing one. The market is flooded with many, and you can only settle on one or a few. Check the list before and take notes.
- Tropare BI tool – This company is focused on self-service data management for businesses. So, if you are doing business intelligence tools comparison, consider trying Tropare data analysis and BI tool. Their data analytics and BI tools are of high quality, so they are suitable for both small and big businesses. The good thing with using the Tropare tool is that it is an all-around system that collects data, analyses it, and reports in a variety of ways.
- SAP BI tool – This is analytics and reporting tool with a great reputation and many years of experience. It is customized to suit different business setups such as SMBs. You can choose one of the BI solutions that suits your needs. Another great option under SAP is the business objects BI platform, which is self-service allowing the elimination of the need to hire IT experts.
- Tableau BI tool – It is usually focused on helping people to see and understand their data. You can choose either the desktop or mobile option, which is usually online. It connects to various data sources such as SQL servers, Hadoop cloud, Mongo DB, and many others. When doing business intelligence tools comparison, you will realize that Tableau has higher customization than many other tools, making it very suitable for any business. But you have to check if everything else suits your business’ data management needs.
- Microsoft Power BI tool – This is another great data analytics and reporting tool that you may consider when doing business intelligence tools comparison. Microsoft has been on the frontline in helping businesses manage data and make logical reports out of it. With Microsoft Power BI, a cloud-based data management tool, you can access a lot of data from different sources, analyze it, and make easy-to-understand reports.
- IBM Cognos Analytics tool – IBM as a company has always strived to help people manage data. Their BI tool is not only powerful but now has a facelift with new AI technology. Hence, it is easy to access data from different sources, clean it, analyze, and make reports. Notably, it has a drag-and-drop capability, making it easy to import and export data.
See, it is easy to know which BI tools are best on the market today when you go through the above data. It makes your work easy when doing business intelligence tools comparison. So, go and make the right decision today.