Organizations and enterprises spend huge amounts of money getting their onsite communication on track. Meetings, webinars, conferences and a lot more, the organization needs to keep everything on track to assure flawless communication at reduced prices.
While there have been loads of transformations, one of the technologies trending high is the use of unified communications or the voice over internet telephony. Such a concept is about replacing the traditional telephone lines with the business phone system or specifically the cloud phone system.
The core idea behind cloud PBX is to take the entire line of communication to the cloud, eliminating the need to have dedicated hardware and software for communication onsite.
What is SIP Calling?
In case you are aware of the concept of VoIP, you might have at least a faintest idea about SIP or say SIP Phone. SIP or in simple terms, Session Initiation Protocol is one that facilitates all sorts of communication using VoIP.
Where traditional phones require a PBX that looks after the call management feature and PRI lines for connecting calls which is then routed to the appropriate user, the modern-day cloud phone systems running on the SIP technology, require none.
What happens here is that a SIP trunk is installed on the existing network and further, used to draft a communication with the PSTN using internet connectivity.
Why Should Organizations Invest In the SIP Phone System?
Apart from the fact that calls placed over SIP phones are free and don’t cost any penny extra, the quality of communication is pretty much high. Using SIP phones, organizations can interact with their customers all across the globe and on all kinds of devices.
The cost incurred in hosting the solution or installing call PBX is less. And further, the communication cost is dramatically reduced post-integration of SIP as the business communication platform. In fact, the calls whether video or audio when passed through SIP phones are free and ain’t limited within a significant region or boundary. All in all, SIP phones enhance communication quality, improves the customer experience while cutting down the cost of enterprise communication.
How Does SIP Work?
One question that now arises here is how to do SIP work. If we go by the simplest description, when you subscribe for SIP, you would get an address, a SIP client, along with additional components needed to completely set up the SIP connectivity.
Once you get hold of all these, you would configure the SIP client on the device (laptop or mobile). Definitely, this is a technical process but don’t worry! The installation wizard is self intuitive and will guide you throughout the process.
Pretty simple, but what are the requirements?
Though we stated that it is easy to communicate via SIP and all you need is a few components, we need to know what all you need.
- SIP address: It is the legal id of the SIP account and business organizations can get hold of the address simply by registering for service through any of the providers.
- SIP Client: This is the key to the concept. In simple terms, it is the software that every organization needs to install and embed within their device to initiate SIP communication. There could be dedicated SIP clients or the ones that are backed by VoIP Service providers. You can also manifest the technology within the existing PBX environment.
- Internet Connectivity: Another crucial component is the presence of exceptional bandwidth and quality connection.
- Communicating Devices: The technology alone isn’t sufficient and you would need a device for communication. It could be a phone or a headset, an earphone or a webcam.
Benefits of SIP Phone System
Wondering why should you migrate towards the SIP phone system? There are plenty of reasons why organizations should migrate towards the adoption of SIP technology.
SIP calling is proven to have loads of features allowing enterprises to perform multiple functions. Starting with VoIP calling to location identification, hosting meetings, conferences and sending messages, the SIP phone system encompasses all.
- With SIP, organizations no longer need to have dedicated hardware. Also, there isn’t the need to set up or install software for the same. This reduces the cost of communication embedding an environment where enterprises save tons of money.
- Adding telephone lines as the business grows can be gruesome and energy draining. SIP is based on cloud PBX, which deters the need to buy lines. Organizations can buy a channel only when needed and scale as per the demands.
- Configuration of the SIP system is pretty easy and the only thing that a provider needs to do is follow the instruction window. All of the maintenance and monitoring tasks are done by the service provider.
The Final Word
There are a lot of companies that offer SIP services. Get in touch with them and hail on the journey of flawless business communication.