WhatsApp Web (WhatsApp Web) allows you to use WhatsApp on your desktop or laptop computer. The steps for using WhatsApp Web on a PC and a Mac are listed below.
Use WhatsApp Web on PC And Mac
The most notable feature is that it works immediately on your Mac or PC without requiring you to download WhatsApp messenger software.
The disadvantage is that you must still have a smartphone with an active WhatsApp Account to use WhatsApp Web on your Windows computer or MacBook.
WhatsApp web duplicates or transfers your WhatsApp Account from your smartphone to the larger screen of your Windows computer or MacBook.
With that in mind, let me walk you through the steps for using WhatsApp on PC and Mac.
1. Get WhatsApp on Your Phone
As previously stated, you must have an active WhatsApp account on your smartphone to use WhatsApp Web on PC or Mac.
If you don’t already have a WhatsApp account, be sure to read our guides on how to set up and use WhatsApp on an Android phone and WhatsApp on an iPhone.
2. Visit WhatsApp
Navigate to the official WhatsApp Web page using your computer’s Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, or Edge browser.
When you arrive at WhatsApp’s official Web page, a QR Code will appear on your computer screen, prompting you to scan it.
3. Scan QR Code With Your Phone
1. Launch WhatsApp on your mobile device, tap the three-dot menu icon and select WhatsApp Web from the drop-down menu.
2. Next, point your phone’s rear camera at the QR Code that appears on the screen of your computer.
3. When the QR Code appears on the screen of your phone, tap OK, GOT IT to scan it.
4. Start Using WhatsApp on Computer
When you scan the QR Code with your phone, your WhatsApp account and messages will be displayed on your computer screen.
You can now use WhatsApp Web Desktop on your computer in the same way you do on your iPhone or Android device.
WhatsApp Web’s Benefits
1. Typing on a full-size keyboard on a computer is faster than typing on the phone.
2. Your desktop computer has more processing power, memory, and speed than a phone. As a result, it enables you to send, receive, and download images and videos faster.
3. You can download media to your PC without fear of exceeding your storage limit.
WhatsApp Web’s Disadvantages
1. You will still need a mobile phone with an active WhatsApp account unless you use this workaround. However, without a phone, you can use WhatsApp on a computer.
2. Unless you connect your phone to a WiFi network, you may end up using data on both your phone and your computer.
3. Emojis are difficult to use because they are not pre-programmed into your keyboard. However, you can still manually enter them into the web interface by using the Emoji keyboard.
4. You cannot directly block users via WhatsApp’s web interface. While using the web interface, you cannot change your profile picture or status.
5. Using the WhatsApp Web interface, you cannot create a new group chat or leave an existing group chat.
6. Using WhatsApp Web on a public computer is not recommended – You can use it, but make sure to Logout before leaving the public computer.