Timesheet Templates You Can Try: Using timers and other devices to record and analyze data is common in the United States. A timesheet is a fundamental element that contributes to the efficient administration of any business. They are documents that record the working hours of company employees. Accounting for the billable hours of employees is a complex task that requires a high degree of accuracy. However, you will be astonished to learn that many companies still need to be using antiquated methods to track the billable hours of their employees, remote teams, and freelancers. There is no argument against the fact that manually tracking the time spent on tasks is inefficient. Here are some disadvantages of using paper timesheets.
- Paper-based timesheets can never guarantee accuracy, and untracked minutes cost you a lot of money from clients.
- Paper-based timesheets cannot convert the time spent on projects to productivity metrics, so you have yet to learn how productive your employees were.
- As manual timesheets pile up, managing them becomes increasingly more work. Reviewing them entails squandering valuable time on the trivial task of perusing a pile of documents.
- Reviewing manual timesheets to ensure the calculations add up takes much time. The number of times a person’s name is on paper, but it’s still a lot of work.
- The term “soil” describes the soil in the United States. On the other hand, the automated process of maintaining timesheets increases productivity and eliminates space for error.
Now that you know that the traditional method of timesheets is detrimental to your business, you must select a timesheet template that accurately tracks your employees’ billable hours and saves you time and money. Let’s examine why a timesheet template is preferable to an online time tracking tool.
- A timesheet template is available for free download by anyone; therefore, it is an excellent choice for small businesses and freelancers who cannot afford cloud-based time tracking tools.
- These timesheet templates are available in a variety of file formats, allowing you to use them on any platform of your choice. In addition, no technical knowledge is required; download these templates and start using them immediately.
- Formulas are already included in Excel-based free timesheet templates, which expedites the calculation. Therefore, they are suitable for freelancers who generate client invoices and need to add up the billable hours and hourly rates.
- Freelancers can only synchronize some of the time tracking software used by their various clients at a time, as this would cause a lot of confusion and likely disrupt their workflow. They can opt for free timesheet templates to track their billable timesheet hours.
A free timesheet template is ideal for freelancers and small businesses. Here, we recommend these timesheet templates that can help you maintain a record of your work hours and increase work transparency.
Top Timesheet Templates You Can Try
As we curated, the best Timesheet Templates are listed below.
monday.com is a cloud-based work operating system with a work schedule template for assigning weekly shift tasks. This weekly work scheduling template streamlines your team’s work schedule and provides a clear project picture. Creating your weekly work schedule with the help of the monday.com weekly timesheet template is a fantastic method to ensure that your organization’s work scheduling runs smoothly. In addition, this cloud-based weekly scheduling template is scalable according to your company’s size and departments. Additionally, it is flexible enough to adapt to your company’s standards, workflow, projects, and tasks. The weekly schedule can be created in three simple stages.
Choose a suitable weekly work scheduling template from the plethora of user-friendly, organization-specific templates available. Now, customize these templates by company policy by adding actionable tasks and prioritizing them based on the project’s requirements. The final step is to distribute these actionable items among the team members. You can now monitor the progress of tasks and projects at every stage. The monday.com weekly shift work schedule template makes the following tasks possible.
Import & Export Excel Sheets – Export the work schedule into Excel for further use. You can import your Excel work scheduling sheets into the dashboard to improve their efficacy.
Manage Permissions – You can grant your team members ‘read-only’ permissions so they can view the assigned tasks. You need not fret about team members changing the schedule.
Perform Searches – Search capabilities and advanced filters allow you to rapidly view the details of the employees working in a particular shift. Input the names of the employees or shift details to obtain the required information.
The monday.com timesheet template is free for two-person teams. If your team size is greater than two, you can opt for one of four premium plans, starting at $24 per month, including Basic, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise. The Enterprise plan can be tailored to your specifications.
Clockify is an excellent time tracking tool for corporations, freelancers, and hybrid companies with on-site and remote workers. It provides free printable timesheet templates in Word, Excel, PDF, and Google Docs file formats. The free version has no limitations regarding team capacity. This means that you can add as many team members as you’d like and track employees’ billable work hours and productivity across various projects. Managers can simply download these timesheet templates and customize them according to their company’s policies. Clockify offers numerous variants of timesheet templates.
- Daily Supervisor Timesheet
- Projects Timesheet – This comes in handy to track the project’s expenses and duration required to generate the bill at the end. The project template can readily manage multiple projects and record the time spent per task, expenses, and billable hours, among other information.
The Clockify timesheet template is available for free download from their website in the format of your choice.
Within Office 365, Office 365 Timesheet is a simple yet productive tool compatible with SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, and SharePoint Online. The company’s website provides a link to a form where you can find out more about the company’s plans for the future. Office 365 Timesheet is an ideal time tracking template for small businesses, freelancers, and contract employees. It enables them to track and manage the regular and overtime work hours allocated to the current project. The supervisor can then evaluate and approve weekly timesheets. They can also use this timesheet template to track and compare the individual team members’ efficiency and productivity while working on a project.
This Excel-based timesheet template is readily modifiable and records the employees’ time in, time out, and meal breaks for each day of the week. Similarly, managers can easily calculate the total billable hours by automatically separating the employees’ regular and overtime hours. Office 365 Timesheet is simply editable and accessible across multiple devices and platforms. These timesheet templates can be exported in Excel, CSV, and PSD formats. These subsequently come in handy for reviewing, analyzing, and generating invoices.
The Timesheet template for Office 365 stores data in protected SharePoint instances. This ensures that only authorized users can retrieve the company’s sensitive data. Thanks to the Power BI integration, Office 365 Timesheet can also integrate with your employee database and provide management with actionable insights regarding employee performance. The SharePoint-based Office 365 Timesheet offers the following advantages to the company’s employees.
- Capability to record versions of your daily billable work hours.
- Weekly transmit draft timesheets to managers or administrators.
- Before uploading the timesheets, edit or modify them.
- Mark completed tasks as either billable or non-billable.
- Report the billable and non-billable tasks with ease.
Office 365 Timesheets benefit management in addition to employees in the following ways.
- The timesheets submitted by the employees should be reviewed, approved, rejected, and commented on.
- In the template, assign several employees to a single manager.
- The timesheet template allows for the simple addition of employees and their managers.
- Adapt the timesheet to your company’s specifications.
You can download the free standard edition of Office 365 Timesheet from the Microsoft Templates website.
4. Toogl Track
Toggl Track is a well-liked timesheet template that provides businesses with a quick and dependable way to track employees’ time completing a task. This timesheet aids companies in adopting a more efficient method of time management and more accurately recording employees’ work hours. If you have remote employees, you can monitor their work with Toogl Track. Toogl Track Timesheet Template is accessible in all prevalent file types, including Google Docs, Google Sheets, Excel Spreadsheets, Word Documents, and PDFs. They can also adapt to any business segment because they are flexible. Therefore, they are popular among administrators, employees, freelancers, and recruiters. Toogl Track provides four variants of timesheet templates.
These eliminate the need to customize them to conform to your company’s schedule manually. This timesheet template for Toogl Track includes the following features.
Hassle-free Time Tracking – This timesheet template is simple to use and requires minimal customization. To make a new entry, click on the new line! Additionally, you can toggle between manual and calendar modes.
Accurate Reporting – You can also track an employee’s performance with Toogl Track. In addition, you can export these timesheets for future use in CSV and PDF formats.
Seamless Integration – Toggl Track’s timesheet can synchronize with over 100 apps. Thus, all the information is available in a highly-organized format in a single location.
Automated Tracking – With the cloud-based timesheet template, you can track your apps for accurate time reporting.
On their website, all Toggl Track timesheet templates are accessible for free.
ActiTime is an Excel time tracking project template that assists the company in opting for a centralized approach to managing time and projects. It enables businesses to make the time tracking process simple and error-free by providing methods to review employee performance, active projects, and other relevant insights. By assigning a project’s tasks to team members, the timesheet template allows you to improve workflow. ActiTIME’s timesheet template is compatible with over 200 apps, including Trello, Asana, JIRA, and GitHub. ActiTIME offers its customers the following advantages.
- One platform for managing team members, projects, clients, and billable hours.
- Classify billable and non-billable tasks, hourly rates, and other factors to facilitate the generation of invoices and bills.
- Using the timesheet, assist in reviewing the performance of remote and on-site team members.
- Capable of adapting to your company’s specifications.
Many timesheets are available, so you can pick the one that best suits your needs. Additionally, these templates are available for free and in numerous file formats.
The following is a list of all the timers that have been used to create the above-mentioned timesheets.
ClockIt is an online time and location tracking software that provides timesheet templates to monitor and record employees’ clocking in and out. This is a simple method for tracking the attendance and work hours of in-office and remote employees, making it suitable for small and medium-sized businesses. These timesheet templates can help management automate the workflow, record attendance, and generate reports for further analysis. ClockIt provides multiple variants of the timesheet template, which can be downloaded as Excel, PDF, or Google Sheets files.
- Daily Manager’s Timesheet
- Project Timesheet
ClockIt offers a free timesheet template that can be downloaded as an Excel Sheet, PDF file, or Google Sheets.
Hubstaff is a simple time tracking software that provides simple timesheet templates to facilitate the end of billable hours without putting too much effort into it. These timesheet templates can be downloaded as PDF files, Excel Sheets, Word documents, and other Google file formats. As you work, you must continue to add hours to your details. The following are available timesheet templates.
- Daily hourly
- Project timesheet
You can start using Hubstaff timesheet templates right away after they can be downloaded for free from the website.
Dovico is a time tracking tool that provides free templates like Excel worksheets, Microsoft Word documents, and Google Sheets. These templates assist small businesses in keeping track of employee attendance, overtime hours, and the time spent completing each task and project. Dovico provides the following timesheet templates for tracking and monitoring time.
- Time Management To-Do List Template
- Weekly Timesheet Template
- Daily Timesheet Template
- Weekly Project Timesheet Template With Tasks (Ideal for employees working on multiple projects)
- Weekly Employee Timesheet Template
The templates can track employees’ payable hours, overtime, sick leave, and vacation time. Before submitting their timesheets to their managers, employees can compute the total and approve them. All of the above versions of Dovico’s timesheet templates can be downloaded for free in the file format of your choice.
Consider The Following:
The best way to get your team’s attention is to put them through a rigorous training program. Timesheet templates accurately track the performance of employees, eradicating the hassle of manually managing the payable hours and thereby eliminating the risk of human error.